Description Job Description:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets.
The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Software Test Engineer. The Software Test Engineer will be part of a dynamic team working in an agile software development environment that is building a user application to run on mobile device form factors. The Software Test Engineer will be responsible for the quality of the developed product and participating in manual and automated testing operations.
This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and can participate in both the manual and automated testing of user interface and backend software implementations effectively. In addition, the Software Test Engineer will work with System Engineers, Developers and other Testers to accurately author the test based documentation required for the project.Primary Responsibilities
Position responsibilities will include:
- Author and execute manual and automated test cases to ensure product requirements are met.
- Author and maintain tools, techniques, and practices for assuring the testing of the product.
- Participate in agile planning events, analysis and design events, and reviews
- Ensure that quality checks and acceptance criteria are satisfied before code merges can occur.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting on bugs and test results.
• Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
What you will like about this position...
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Write testing documentation and help finalize all system and software documentation CDRLs for the program.
- Familiarity working on programs using the Agile Scrum methodology
- Option to work a 9/80 work schedule (i.e., 9 hour days, then work 8 hours on first Friday and off the second Friday)
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Implementing a wide variety of technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
Preferred (some subset of the following):
- Position requires US citizenship and an active Secret DoD security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 5-7 years of software development testing experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in software testing and/or software development.
- Experience with implementing regression testing for software.
- Experience performing "illity" testing, especially performance testing.
- Familiarity and/or experience using automated test tools on software projects.
- The ability to communicate effectively with both Product Owners and software developers.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly become proficient in new tools/technologies.
- Ability to identify efficiencies and process improvements between the development and testing disciplines.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git, SVN).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., VersionOne, Jira).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- ****DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +, CISSP, etc.) (Will be required 90 days after hire)
The right candidate will exhibit the following:
- Experience using Squish for Qt.
- Agile certification
•Quality - demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
•Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
•Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
•Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
•Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
•Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
•Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed Pay Range: