Software Test Engineer
All candidates must be able to undergo a Federal background investigation.
The Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Test function is responsible for developing test procedures, following SEI CMMi standards, developing test scripts for all software to be tested and implemented. Also, the SQA Test function is responsible for reviewing all test results and providing a recommendation as to the risks associated with the implementation of the software. SQA Test procedures must include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Development and engineering documentation requirements for receiving software for testing.
- Test environment establishment and creation.
- Test account and variable selection from production and non-production databases.
- Test script development, compilation, review and application.
- Test script execution.
- Integration test review and assurance activities.
- Acceptance test review and assurance activities.
- Final internal review and recommendation of all software planned and scheduled for production.
- Coordination and communication standards with software engineering and development staffs.
- Coordination, communication and interaction with user communities including operational staff, client Management, government users and other users defined for specific software.
- Documentation requirements and procedures that meet or exceed SEI CMMi Level 3 standards.
Members of the SQA Test Team must also be able to handle the following tasks:
- review and understand functional requirements documents,
- review and understand detailed design documents,
- develop test plans for the core and ancillary systems,
- review test output and identify software defects,
- communicate test results with developers,
- perform regression tests,
- review test results with the Independent Quality Control Unit, and
- review test results with the government representatives.
Candidates should have:
- a 4-year degree preferably in Computer Science, MIS, Math, or a related field,
- 5+ years of testing experience,
- good communication skills both verbally and written,
- strong command of SQL is required, and
- experience with web testing.
Financial loan experience is a plus.
OmniSystems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.