ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. As a leading technology provider, ProQuest drives better outcomes for researchers and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them. The companys cloud-based solutions are a gateway to the worlds knowledge and enable researchers, students, and librarians to discover, access, share, create, and manage information. Explore Working at ProQuest!
The Software Test Lead sets the direction for the manual test team, works closely with the test automation team and drives the test strategy for required projects to meet the quality objectives of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforces and enhances the QA processes currently in place as part of the integrated development process.
- Defines data quality test strategy and test plan in collaboration with project stakeholders.
- Designs, creates, and maintains test data as needed to support data quality testing.
- Provides leadership, influences and negotiates with stakeholders on architectural issues, limitations, and opportunities. Presents options and recommendations as needed.
- Authors high level data quality test documentation including flows within the application to demonstrate test approach and proposed paths through the system.
- Produces data quality test results and analysis.
- Maintains test plan documentation as project progresses and works with project team stakeholders to get signoff on plan as well as to educate project stakeholders on data quality test requirements, plans and status.
- Collaborates with leadership and stakeholders in developing and maintaining documentation describing test scope and test schedules.
- Authors custom test scripts for automated execution of tests against web app and web services.
- Develops, implements, tracks and reports on team metrics. Communicates test progress, test results, and other relevant information.
- Trains and mentors others as needed on quality testing approach, scripts, and findings. Conducts knowledge transfer regularly to project stakeholders and others as requested.
- Provides leadership to onshore and offshore staff by assigning testing assignments and balancing individual workloads.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously and provides daily status to leadership.
- Proposes, develops, reviews and revises new procedures as needed for continuing high quality systems.
- Creates and maintains high-level metrics, reports and presentations.
- Provides mentoring to other team members.
- Keeps informed of and proposes technical advances and evaluates new hardware / software for company use.
- Bachelors degree, technical certification equivalent from Trade School, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 12 years software testing experience.
- Ability to write test plans, execute test cases and clearly document results.
- Ability to run and explain what existing automation scripts are doing.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to break down complex issues.
- Ability to comprehend business requirements and software specification documents.
- Experience with user-interface, functionality, data integrity and regression testing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that includes an aggressive release schedule.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to act as a mentor.
- Ability to lead offshore teams.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is typically based in a ProQuest office location and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
See Job Description