Description Job Description:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets.
The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Software Test Manager. The Software Test Manager will be part of a dynamic team working in an agile software development environment that is building a user application to run on multiple mobile operating systems. The Software Test Manager will be responsible for the quality of the developed product.
This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and can lead both the manual and automated testing of user interface and backend software implementations effectively. In addition, the Software Test Manager will be responsible for quality assurance, integration of experienced security testing testers and artifacts; formal test based documentation and will support the Chief Systems Engineer in ensuring the software product pipeline is kept up to date.Primary Responsibilities
What you will like about this position
- Lead test engineering team in day-to-day operations, including authoring and maintaining an agile test strategy to include approaches for unit, system, integration, acceptance, security and other forms of testing.
- Author and maintain tools, techniques, and practices for assuring the testing of the product.
- Guide and mentor less senior members of the test team.
- Planning, scoping, and execution of testing events.
- Author and execute manual and automated test cases to ensure product requirements are met.
- Participate in agile planning events, analysis and design events, and reviews
- Ensure complete and timely reporting on bugs and test results.
- Ensure that quality checks and acceptance criteria are satisfied before code merges can occur.
- Write testing documentation and help finalize all system and software documentation CDRLs for the program.
- Configuring and integrating automated testing solutions for mobile devices.
- Working on programs using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Option to work a 9/80 work schedule (i.e., 9 hour days, then work 8 hours on first Friday and off the second Friday).
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Implementing a wide variety of technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
- Position requires US citizenship and an active Secret DoD security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12-15 years of software development testing experience.
- Experience with managing the testing of software products.
- Ability to integrate organizational business goals alongside quality assurance goals.
- 10+ years of experience in formal software testing and/or software development.
- Experience with implementing regression testing for software.
- Experience performing non-functional illity testing, including reliability, security, and performance testing.
- Familiarity and/or experience using automated test tools on software projects.
- The ability to communicate effectively with both Product Owners and software developers.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git, SVN).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., VersionOne, Jira).
- Experience with scripting (e.g., python, bash) and automating report artifacts.
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab-CI).
- Experience with integrating security requirements (e.g., RMF, STIG, Type 1) alongside functional requirements.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality AssurancePay Range:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.