Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live. The Software Validation Test Engineer is responsible for testing third party software applications for object storage, as well as conceptualizing, planning, designing and implementing complete and integrated solution architectures that support the Dell EMC Advanced Software Division (ASD) group and Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) product team. As a solution architect, a deep understanding of technology infrastructure and how it can be used to apply to an IT organization and business is required. This individual can clearly articulate the benefits and relevance of the concepts, products and technologies related to their architecture domain to a diverse audience. This role includes extensive interaction with customers, partners, and industry sources.
The candidate will work with technology partners to find technical integration points to drive a more compelling solution, articulating to potential partners the value of investing technical resources for testing and documentation, jointly working with partner on a test plan with clear milestones and delivery dates, and hands on in building out test environments and the documentation of technical evidence in the form of reference architectures, best practices guides, etc.
- Hands-on, “can do” attitude.
- Customer focused
- Experience with enterprise IT systems administration and distributed computing systems
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis and resolution techniques to complex system problems using ECS object storage and emerging Advanced Software Division products.
- Strong network background with a good understanding of TCP/IP, Network Load Balancers, and DNS
- Experience with installation or system administration of one or more of the following storage technologies: Network Attached Storage (NAS), cloud/object storage APIs like Swift and S3, Backup and Archive applications from Enterprise Software vendors like Commvault and Veritas
- Experience with installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and managing current versions of Microsoft Windows, and Linux server operating systems.
- Ability to implement, configure, and troubleshoot Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, and OpenStack Keystone.
- Experience with implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting hypervisor/virtual lab environments using VMware, OpenStack, Docker, etc.
- Ability to create reference architectures, white papers, performance benchmarks and other technical documentation.
- Forge strong relationships with the sales force and become their trusted partner and subject matter expert.
- Preferred level of experience: 1-2 years of solution architecture, storage administration, or related experience in storage or closely related markets.
- CS or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) degree – required/in progress.
When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. EMC will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants except in very limited circumstances identified by law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.