Seeking a Solution Architect with experience designing and delivering technical solutions to Government clients. The Solution Architect will be apart of the Business Development team and participate in all phases of the business development life cycle to include opportunity assessment, strategy workshops, Black Hat competitive assessments, competitive technical solutioning and technical solution development.
- The Solution Architect will be the technical team member in our fast-paced growing environment supporting new business capture by developing innovative solutions.
- The individual will be teamed with Capture and Operations personnel to help uncover and develop best-in-class solutions to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for defining and driving the technical direction of prospective business opportunities, developing system architectures, and providing technical leadership for proposals and strategic pursuits.
- Assess market level technology trends as well as capabilities of complementary solutions enabling larger scale solution offerings.
- Review RFP documents to understand scope of work and customer needs to develop an overarching solution to be proposed as part of the solicitation response.
- Propose new and innovative solutions to the most complex challenges.
- Develop IT-based solutions consisting of contextual, conceptual, and logical architectures using standards-based, rigorous methodologies and best practices.
- Conduct architectural analysis of alternatives (AoA) trade studies including CAIV, Criteria-based Decision Analysis and/or other proven methodologies.
- Develop lifecycle cost models to support architecture decision trades.
- Communicate solutions with customers, management, and teaming partners, including presentations and white papers.
- Develop technical approach and project engineering plans, including scheduling of tasks, processes, and identifying critical resources, to turn the solution into a successful proposal.
- Develop and write technical responses for winning proposals and RFI responses.
- Review customer provided information and outside sources to understand potential issues/ problems currently faced and develop approach to solving these problems.
- Stay current on latest technologies and solutions in the industry.
- Experience with developing proposals for Defense Health Agency (DHA) and Department of Defense (DoD) is preferred.
- Experience supporting proposal efforts, comprising a diverse matrixed team of technical specialists, and involving the development of novel or innovative new solutions
- Experience leading architecture of application integration, migration, and sustainment solutions involving understanding of software support, maintenance, and sustainment
- Knowledge of requirements analysis and development to include requirements allocation to software systems functionality
- Proficient in implementing Agile, Dev Ops and other SW development methodologies
- Experience in implementing and/or migrating technical solutions in AWS, MS Azure or Google Cloud for Federal / State Government Customers.
- Exposure in the latest technologies such as Blockchain, AI, ML, RPA, DPA etc. is needed for this role
- Understand current production/technology strategy and environments in the industry and Federal Government using industry knowledge or customer supplied information
- IT specific domain knowledge, including ITIL; End user computing; Network engineering; Enterprise IT infrastructure
- Knowledge of information systems engineering processes and, in particular, system design and solution development processes
- Experience in developing technical cyber security solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; works with others to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and effectively communicate changes
- Demonstrated customer interface skills and strong interpersonal skills including extensive experience working closely with teammates and customers to identify and develop solutions
- Proven ability to develop system architectures and system designs of varying complexity for federal government organizations
- Proficiency with a combination of software products and experience with multiple operating systems, coding languages, and databases
- Ability to lead and support technical design and architecture development. This may include producing designs including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration
- Extensive technical breadth, through experience in the IT industry. This breadth should be in areas of application development, and IT Infrastructure/services
- Understanding of Federal contracting and procurement
- VA, DHA, and/or DOD experience in a technical capacity
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline, Master’s degree desired.
- At least 5 years' experience in Systems Engineering/Architecture and software development.
Founded in 2004, Sparksoft is a Small Business (WOSB), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), CMMI Level 3, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013, HUBZone, 8(a), Women-Owned, and Minority-owned business (SWaM), MBE/DBE/SBE holding prime contracts with SPARC, GSA and Navy Seaport-e.Lead by a team with over 20 years of industry experience, we have a proven track record in software development and managing multi-year projects. We work in both federal and commercial spaces, providing innovative solutions in Agile Software Testing, Software Engineering, Program Management, Security & Privacy Solutions, Delivery Management and Health IT. We have dedicated Centers of Excellence in software testing, independent verification and validation, and security and privacy, that are designed to fulfil the IT needs of any commercial or government field.
Sparksoft is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.