Solution Architect(AWS/Azure) /Cloud Application Solution Architect
Location: Canonsburg, PA
# of position: 3
The Cloud Application Solution Architect works in a team-structured environment, interacting with other designers, developers and technologists. The Cloud Application Solution Architect is responsible for transforming our application architecture into a cloud native, scalable, resilient and agile architecture by collaborating with our delivery organizations and building a cloud developer community. The Cloud Application Solution Architect stays abreast of the fast-moving cloud space and uses that knowledge to develop new cloud architecture patterns and recipes enabling developers to utilize cloud technologies and capabilities to deliver value to our clients.
- Partner with developers through pairing activities modernizing applications and using those opportunities to document common patterns and recipes giving the developer community the tools and techniques to follow for their applications;
- Identify applications in application portfolio that represent opportunities for modernization to new cloud architectures by evaluating quality attributes, technology risk, capacity variability, and other factors prioritized by company goals and client needs;
- Staying abreast of evolving developments in the cloud native space in order to adopt key practices and architectures to continuously improve our cloud native capabilities;
- Creating reference implementations and executable architecture enabling our developer community through examples and reusable code bootstrapping their application and practices;
- Evaluate cloud technologies and services for fit and purpose of use in our application portfolio by evaluating application needs, cost, risk and ability to replace legacy technologies;
- Provide cloud technology radiator giving leadership and teams visibility into potential building blocks for use in our cloud applications; and
- Prepares technical architectural and implementation design documents working with the applicable product units as required;
- Operates and influences architectures in lab environments while conducting proof of concepts to define a best in class Inovalon solution with business partners;
- Develops strategies, policies and best practices through participation in team meetings and other direct contributions. Actively works to educate others on potential problems and resolutions. Responsible for sharing information and best practices with others; and
- Establishes good working relations and earns trust from other team members and the partner. Drives consensus and knows when to ask for external intervention or arbitration.
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position;
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company;
- Uphold responsibilities relative to the separation of duties for applicable processes and procedures within your job function; and
- We reserve the right to change this job description from time to time as business needs dictate and will provide notice of such.
- 4 Year College Degree (preferred in Computer Science, MIS, or related discipline) or Equivalent Experience
- 5 years of experience in the background items listed above
- Developing 12-factor applications and cloud architecture experience
- Reference Architecture creation experience
- DevOps and Agile team experience
- Leading and facilitating cross functional teams experience
- Development utilizing XP practices experience preferred
- SaaS/PaaS utilizing PCF or public cloud (Azure or AWS) experience
- Extensive Dot Net Core/Dot Net or Java experience
- 8-10 years of experience in healthcare/specialty pharmacy related environment preferred.
- Possesses superior communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Must also possess excellent problem solving skills with good judgment and decision making.
- Ability to build and foster relationships with coworkers and clients.
- Must be goal-oriented.
- Ability to work with and meet established objectives, priorities, and deadlines on a consistent basis.