The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Solutions Architect, Warehouse Management. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Safeway Inc., Albertsons is looking for an individual with application architecture / design / implementation / integration experience in the area of Warehouse Management and Automation Systems in a retail distribution environment.
Our company operates 2300 Grocery stores and 27 Distribution Centers across the USA, using a variety of automated Material Handling Equipment and Warehouse Management System.
This role will design, integrate, and implement accurate, efficient and reliable Warehouse Management systems with full integration to Albertsons Transportation, Warehouse Operations, and Automation systems that will be used across our 21 Distribution Centers located across the USA.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing strong working relationships at various levels throughout the business and IT community to ensure overall project satisfaction
- Assist in managing expectations with both business and IT stakeholders regarding functionality, scope, and deliverables
- Provide application design guidance and consultation, based on a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs
- Determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective solution
- Advise business partners on intended and optimal use of the provided systems, and assists with process development
- Shape the Warehouse Management solutions to fit business and technical objectives
- Analyze highly complex business requirements and problems
- Designs and creates technical specifications to design / redesign complex computer platforms and applications
- Ensure logic and design is in alignment with the core architecture of the systems / applications
- Analyze existing product software and recommends modifications which will enhance operating capacity and meet
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
- Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs
- Oversee overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
- Develop documentation standards, procedures and approval hierarchies
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring of team members
- Oversee the work of less experienced staff.
- Lead troubleshooting and root cause determination and proactively identify opportunities to fix issues
- Must be able to make sound decisions based on incomplete information, under pressure and maintain project focus
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- 8+ years of programming experience (OOAD, Java EE, Web Services Technologies, SOAP and/or REST).
- Significant experience with database technologies (Oracle, MySQL and/or SQL Server).
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with Public Cloud Technologies and deployments
- Significant experience with software development lifecycle and methodologies (Waterfall & Agile).
- 6+ years of Supply Chain / Warehouse Management applications development experience
- Strong experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in a distributed environment
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of programming documentation processes / procedures
- Strong ability to understand client expectations and to resolve issues that may affect delivery
- Ability to build constructive relationships with senior application architects and project managers
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with outside contracting vendors, and software application providers.
- Strong ability to mentor, coach and train lower level programmer analysts
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training, with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral), customer service and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of emerging business solutions, technologies, and delivery methodologies
- Ability to contribute to making critical and successful decisions under pressure
- 25% travel is required
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html