When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
New York Life is seeking an extremely passionate and skilled Solution Architect to take their abilities to the next level working with a set of talented business and technology leaders to develop, design and deliver state of the art solution recommendations.
This opportunity provides the right individual with a rewarding career as a critical member driving NYL technology future state. Drive change with a resolve to help improve our customer digital, back-office and service experience.
The Solution Architect will be accountable for developing and solutioning for an agent or agency facing business capability as well as demonstrate highly effective communication skills, conduct and manage conversations with C-level business and technology executives. The candidate should have demonstratable experience in developing end to end business solutions but at the same time can guide project-based architecture, design and sizing of the end-to-end solution for Captive Agency (Distribution Management) business. In addition, the role requires aligning business capabilities, delivery, cost estimates and overseeing the execution in accordance to the set-forth architecture. Role and Responsibilities:
Insurance Domain Experience:
- Responsible for managing end-to-end business capability architecture e.g. Agent Recruiting and Onboarding
- Transform very high-level requirements into specific implementation strategies furthering multi-year technology roadmap
- Effectively own, manage and communicate with business leaders to solve critical business problems
- Works with and across other leaders, architects and implementation leads to ensure that a solution architecture aligns and is consistent with both design guidelines and enterprise architecture standards
- Understands and augments the solution architecture and design to address integrations being applied across businesses, applications, technologies and services
- Facilitates solution design discussions
- Responsible for ensuring the recommended design is followed through to implementation and meets Enterprise Architecture Board, Security Review Board etc. requirements
- Partners with architecture stakeholders across the organization; such as Integration, Data, Security and Enterprise Architecture.
- Additionally, interacts with Security, Compliance, Legal and Vendor relationship teams for onboarding new partners / vendors to meet each team's requirements from the solution.
- Understands technology standards, policies and procedures and emerging technologies and applies this knowledge to specific solutions
The candidate should possess demonstrable experience in the following core competencies:
- Proven experience as a solution architect for commercial or retail insurance
- Ability To understand, document and propose Technology solutions for fortune 500 enterprise, particularly within the insurance / agency domain
- Demonstrable experience in understanding insurance Technology patterns and implementation of technology capabilities using These Technology patterns
- Emerging Technologies
- Technology Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Service Provider Assessment and Evaluation
- Strategic Technology Planning
- Business Acumen
- Problem solving
- Openness to Learning
- Relationship building
TOGAF or equivalent architecture certification is a plus
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation . We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 84148