When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally. General Overview:
Solution Architect for Enterprise Integration Services is accountable and responsible for designing technology solutions that meet the goals, requirements and business outcomes for specific initiatives and assigned business domains working in full support of the Domain Architect and Business / Systems Analysts. This position will help advance the directives of the organization around simplification, and modernization of our technology stacks by providing architectural leadership in the implementation of our enterprise integration fabric and data strategy. Primary Responsibility:
- Contributes to the development and executes to deliver a future state architecture that transforms our current technology landscape from monolithic to service oriented decoupling presentation layers and business logic from systems of record
- Facilitates solution design discussions
- Provides domain specific technical expertise and leadership to develop integration solutions spanning business processes, platforms and environments
- Generates conceptual/logical architectures, system documents and risk assessments
- Responsible for ensuring the recommended design is followed through to implementation through reviews of high-level and detailed design documentation
- Collaborates with Cloud services team to align services for the cloud supporting a continuous develop and continuous integration methodology
- Drive innovation through API and Microservices
- Supports application teams in utilizing the integration layer effectively to facilitate speed to delivery of business capabilities
- Participates in R&D activities related to technologies in the specified area of expertise, making recommendations for possible acquisition.
- Develops, improves, validates and uses tools to improve both the effectiveness and efficiency of architectural efforts, within both the area of expertise and scope of influence.
- Works closely with EA and Security to understand processes, standards and guidelines to facilitate speed to delivery
- A minimum of 7 years technical leadership and/or architecture experience.
- Experience in defining Integration/data architectures that meet security, scalability, high availability, and network management/monitoring requirements, in cloud and/or hybrid environment
- Experience with Cloud Platforms - AWS and/or Azure
- Experience with Enterprise Integration/API Management platforms such as MuleSoft, Dell Boomi, Tibco etc. and Apigee, CA Layer 7 etc.
- Experience in Systems engineering techniques such as architecture modeling, alternative analysis, tradeoff analysis, and portfolio analysis.
- Experience in business process modeling & reengineering.
- Experience in various architecture disciplines like Application, Data, Security and Infrastructure.
- Experience with developing integration solutions and ecosystems that decouple data from systems of records and presentation systems that scale.
- Strong knowledge of API's and Frameworks and data integration models
- Expertise in developing SOAP and REST WS-service design patterns for reuse and consumption.
- Expertise of XML, XSD, XSLT, XPath, XQuery, REST and WSDL technologies
- Expertise in Service Oriented Architecture design, web/RESTful services, and event-driven architecture.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment, proactively innovating solutions that support the goals and desired outcomes that provide business value
- Experience in designing for 24 x 7 availability in a complex, primarily batch driven environment.
- Understanding of DevOps practices and principles
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills including ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; ability to communicate effectively to business leaders and technology subject matter experts
- Ability to build and maintain exceptional working relationships in a diverse environment
- Ability to facilitate or independently research application issues
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Possess high level of organizational skill and keen attention to detail
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- MuleSoft Integration Architect Certification
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation . We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 83584