Soft Tech is seeking a solutions architect to enable us to design and propose the best possible solutions to our current and future client’s needs. Technical solutions have traditionally involved software development (agile and waterfall), enterprise level infrastructure design / support, big data and analytics, cloud migrations, and emerging technologies. This is a key position supporting our business development, capture, and proposal teams as well as being involved in client education and idea development. The primary work location will be Chantilly, Virginia and be co-located with our capture, proposal, business development, and management teams.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc., a fast growing federal contractor, is seeking a Technical Solution Architect to support our continued growth. The location is in Chantilly, Virginia, with the possibility of part time telecommuting. Soft Tech offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Act as Solutions Architect to develop technical approaches and solutions for technical proposals.
- Lead internal and partner teams in developing solutions to client requirements.
- Document innovative technical approaches for inclusion in technical proposals to satisfy client requirements in areas such as application development, database development, network administration, software development, system engineering, infrastructure support and operations, big data and analytics, and migration to cloud services.
- Develop project schedules for implementation of the technical approaches (to include milestones and projected timelines throughout the lifecycle).
- Develop proposed level of effort for the technical approach.
- Researching and gathering technical information for use in solution development activities. The Technical Writer is expected to have broad technical knowledge across both software and infrastructure; staying abreast of developing technologies is a requirement of this position.
- Interview program managers and other technical personnel to collect technical and methodology information to build stronger solutions and ultimately develop into best practices across the company.
- Participate in proposal reviews by applying technical expertise to improve technical, corporate experience, and past performance proposal sections.
- Assist in developing technical graphics (to include sketching the graphic and working with graphics personnel to revise the graphic to fit technical approach).
- Support development of technical and management white papers and requests for information (RFI).
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in the federal market, preferably in the area of determining customer requirements and developing solutions.
- At least 5-10 years of work experience on technical projects, preferably both on infrastructure and software projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience in a Federal Government environment.
- Proven technical knowledge and expertise for both software and infrastructure.
- Skilled at organizing and translating information into clear written documentation; articulating complex concepts and processes in writing..
- Proven ability to effectively research subject matter.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written language communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team on various tasks.
- Ability to work flexible working hours needed for proposal preparation, including extended hours, evening/night hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong attention to detail.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned business headquartered in Chantilly, VA. With contracts in both the public and private sectors in the DC metro area and across the country, Soft Tech is an organization made up of highly successful and talented Information Technology professionals offering enterprise class solutions for any size organization at great value. Soft Tech’s mission is to help government organizations design, implement, and maintain mission critical Information Technology solutions. By focusing jointly on our employees and our customers, we are able to achieve our mission by providing each and every one of our customers with continuous quality customer support.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.