The Solution Architect position exists to manage, gather, and process information related to CHR Business Support Systems (BSS) and Operational Support Systems (OSS) so that CHR products integrate with devices on the client service delivery network. This position ensures Client satisfaction in the initial solution design, provides client guidance, captures technical requirements, and obtains Client acceptance of the technical solution. Incumbent will successfully meet or exceed business unit goals while maintaining quality standards, controlling expenses, and following company and business unit directives and practices.
- Lead the Technical aspect of developing Client specific, tactical and strategic component architecture of B/OSS systems and technologies, including all CHR product offerings and integrated systems, ensuring that designs, architectures, and solutions satisfy all product, project and business requirements
- Communicate the architectural vision to the Client and the activations and development teams
- Assist in the planning and design of new or upgraded systems (conversion)
- Identify, assess and document advising stakeholders on options and risks
- Assist Sales Organization in Statement of Work research and preparation
- Identify and document what the B/OSS systems, process or product/service must do in order to fulfill the business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Lead in the evolution of product and system roadmaps tactical and strategic component architecture designs will be in compliance with company direction
- Identify and assist the team in communicating action items that result from the information gathering throughout the CHR Solutions organization, including Product Management
- Manage pre-and post-release expectations
- Conduct research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible
- Ability to travel up to 50% by car and/or plane, may include weekend travel; ability to travel internationally is required for some positions. Current passport and valid driver s license required.
Scope of Projects worked on will range from small integration or enhancement projects with project costs as low as $20,000 to large implementation projects related to our OSS/BSS solutions that have multi-million dollar project costs.
Primary scope ranges are below:
- Software Activation Projects average a total deal value of $750,000 up to $2.5 million for larger projects
- Total Gross Revenue for Software Activation clients averages $9 million to $250 million for larger clients
- The average number of customer accounts converted per Software Activation Project is 15,000 for an average client to 175,000 for larger clients
- The average number of data elements which must be mapped, converted and validate range from 2,500 to 17,000.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Systems, or related degree preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted
- Ten or more years of experience in telecommunications operations
- Five or more years of experience with BSS/OSS systems and reporting tools
- Two or more years of experience in solution architecture
- Two or more years of experience in telecommunications network (LAN, MAN and WAN) and associated protocols
- Knowledge of 7 layer OSI and 5 layer TMN models
- Knowledge of SOA, SOAP, XML, WSDL, UDDI
- TM Forum Certification (eTOM, NGOSS, SID, TAM, etc.) preferred but knowledge essential
- Ability to create LLD and HLD documents from Use Cases
- Ability to create simple SQL reports
- Knowledge of software development process and methodologies
- Project Management experience is preferred
- Experience with Use Case Development and/or UML preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively utilize MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook). Experience with MS Project preferred
General office environment: Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Physical Demands: Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment; able to read, write, and interpret written documents; occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.