Job Title: Solution Architect (Cloud)
Our client is looking for a hands-on, proactive Solution Architect to lead an engineering team in migrating an existing application to an AWS cloud-based solution. This role requires someone who is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about modern cloud architecture. As you learn our client s infrastructure and internal systems, your efforts will support high-quality, tested, robust solutions across the organization, providing exceptional value for multiple Agile development teams.
Our client is committed to diversity and promoting from within. Recently named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , they also offer highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits/perks plans to employees. This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong background in software engineering to become the domain expert for the business.
As our Cloud Solution Architect, you will:
- Own the technology/infrastructure and documentation of key non-functional requirements including availability, scalability, resiliency, security, etc.
- Work closely with business partners, lines of business and leadership in communicating architectural decisions and direction
- Ensure delivered solutions are in line with architectural vision
- Understand business users' needs and direction in managing strategic direction of the platform
- Evaluate in-house development and integrate internal and third-party systems with broader enterprise services
- Identify opportunities to reuse enterprise and shared technology services
- Assist with product delivery by writing code and reviewing pull requests
- Advocate software engineering best practices including secure application development
- Keep up-to-date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
What Gets You the Job?
- 8+ years software engineering experience
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent education and experience
- Hands -on experience with Cloud Native architecture
- Prior experience architecting enterprise applications with AWS, GCP and/or Azure technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies
- Firm grasp of API strategies and best practices
- Demonstrated fluency in multiple application development languages
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across multiple teams, personnel and leadership
- Strong time management, task management, and organizational skills
- Preferred experience with CI/CD automation, Terraform, Lambda, DynamoDB, etc.
- 2+ years hands-on solutioning experience in AWS or similar is preferred
- Preferred familiarity with Agile including governance, standards, and quality in sprint deliverables
- Identify outsourced project work and coordinate with onshore and offshore vendors for successful integration
- Drive the delivery of technology roadmap related items by various teams
- Interface directly with the enterprise including presentations on future initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.