This position will be assigned to work out of our Bloomington, IL office or our Southern Office in the Atlanta, GA area (Alpharetta).
COUNTRY Financial is actively seeking for an experienced and dynamic applications architecture leader to join the Personal Lines Policy Administration team as a Solution Architect
. In this role, you will provide technical oversight for system designs and implementations, mentor and coach all levels of developers in best practices, collaborate with a team of architects to determine and develop frameworks and designs that are needed across multiple projects within the portfolio. You will be a change agent constantly looking at opportunities for improvement and will be responsible for modernizing our applications landscape and eliminating technical debt. You will also provide direction, make high level design choices, and dictate standards including software, tools, and platforms. In addition, you will collaborate with solutions architects, business and IT owners to ensure that the solutions are adhering to the enterprise technology standards and best practices.
The individual in this role designs, develops, documents, tests, implements, and debugs new and existing software solutions for large-scale proprietary software for internal use. Serves as technical expert on development projects. Participates in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design. Writes technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements. Supports, maintains, and documents software functionality. Identifies and evaluates new technologies for implementation. Analyzes components to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed. Analyzes user needs, system requirements and business processes to determine technical requirements. Consults with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug components to meet needs. Responsibilities:
- Designs solutions after gathering business and technical requirements.
- Develops software solutions that are high performing and meet technical standards.
- Supports testing and problem solving/debugging of solutions.
- Implements software solutions following best practices.
- 10 years of leadership experience in large scale technology architecture definition, and integration of new technologies and solutions.
- 5 years of experience in developing application architecture road maps, reference architectures, and evangelizing adoption of architecture principles in the design and delivery of technology solutions.
- Experience with cloud native architectures, micro services, enterprise integration platforms, messaging infrastructures, and event driven architectures.
- Experience with custom application development and COTS software, and database technologies.
- Experience in large scale design of complex systems and distributed architectures, in providing architecture technology oversight, and leading a team of senior application developers through large scale initiatives.
- Understanding of DevOps practices and tools, hands on experience in implementing and using CI/CD framework for application development.
- Must have strong problem solving ability, creative/innovative thinking, and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership skills; coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills with ability to communicate at multiple levels and details appropriate for the audience.
- Working experience with modern agile development methodologies and practices.
- Experience in Property and Casualty insurance applications strongly preferred.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of experience in information technology OR,
- Master's degree and at least 12 years of experience in information technology OR,
- At least 17 years of experience in information technology.
- 2 years lead experience.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers #LI-AH1 COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position. #DICE