Solution Architect – Menu Systems
This position can be located in either Milford, CT or Miami, FL. Once COVID restrictions have been relaxed, candidates should be commutable on a flex-time basis to one of these locations, as there will be on-site collaboration with their team on a regular basis.
Our direct client in CT is looking for a Solution Architect to drive the solution architecture for menu system, providing real-time menu and product pricing information to digital channels, 3rd parties, POS, digital menu boards and kiosks. The solution architect will ensure that the project architecture is aligned with the enterprise technology strategy, adheres to the technology standards, security and privacy requirements, design patterns, and best practices.
- Lead and/or support project teams in the conceptualization and design detailed solutions that enable the project/solution to meet its organizational business objectives.
- Create conceptual, logical, and physical solution architectures in support of project implementations ensure alignment with overall technology strategy & roadmap while also working within business constraints.
- Technological oversight of a solution within the application portfolio. Help apply technology policies within solutions.
- Develop and communicate best practices around predefined architectural patterns, proven for use in particular business and/or technology domain, together with supporting artifacts to enable their use.
- Stay on top of emerging technology trends and ensure our Technology initiatives are well positioned for future.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of professional experience as a developer and/or manager/solution architect in an Application, Systems, Database, or Integration Team in different industries e.g. Omni-channel digital, HQ/enterprise, or B2B/partner-facing ecosystem
- 3+ years of experience working with an expansive global technology infrastructure ranging from legacy, on-premise, web, cloud, and modern as-a-service with foundational technologies, and multiple (1,000s) outlets
- Hands-on experience in architecting, solutioning, delivery, coding, maintenance, and security of Menu System applications that integrate with multiple points of sale (POS) systems and digital menu ordering systems.
- Advanced level production-proven technical competency in one of the major enterprise development platforms (.NET, Node.js, Java, etc.).
- Advanced level System Architecture and Design skills and experience.
- Advanced level Systems Integration skills and experience.
- Very good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate abstract concepts in verbal, written, and visual forms at most levels in the organization.
- Ability to translate technical information into business language and concepts.
- Experience in the discovery, analysis, and application of industry trends.
- Experience identifying, analyzing, and mitigating technology risks.
- Experience leveraging a variety of frameworks and methods to develop and promote architecture.