Solution Architect - Johnston, RI
The Solution Architect is a technical leader who partners with business application Product Owners and works with multiple Agile product development teams to design and implement architecture that enables quality, security, and extensibility of highly integrated applications. The Solution Architect is accountable for architectural decisions at the product level and drives Agile software development practices including continuous integration and delivery, and test automation. The Solution Architect works with development teams and other Solution Architects to solve complex challenges. The Solution Architect collaborates closely with Enterprise Architects to ensure solution architecture aligns with enterprise architecture.
- 10+ years of application development with enterprise scale business applications in agile or iterative development environments.
- 5+ years of designing, developing, and implementing business solutions from concept through to production.
- 5+ years of leading business application development teams of 10+ team members.
- Experience with Agile development and working with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, development teams, Enterprise Architects, and DevOps.
- Ability to break business concerns into logical deliverables.
- System development and integration patterns and best practices.
- Strong communication skills and ability to tailor message to the audience.
- Experience with negotiation, active listening, influencing positive team dynamics.
- Strong understanding of past, current, and future technology trends.
- Ability to mentor and coach team members.
- Experience engaging with end users for requirements and feedback.
- Bachelor's degree, or similar experience, preferably in an Information Services related discipline
- Advanced Degree is desirable.