Position: Solution Architect
Location: Evanston, IL
Contact: Martin Hendricks / (630) 392-2515 / firstname.lastname@example.org
On an Enterprise Project:
As the project’s technical design authority, the Solution Architect ensures that the Solution Development Teams work in a consistent way, that the project is technically coherent and meets the desired technical quality standards. The Solution Architect presents the technical architecture options to meet the business need, helps evaluate the options and documents it for the development team. He or she approves the technical design of the project prior to engineering. The role provides the glue that holds the project together while advising on technical decisions and innovation.
In a Support Role:
Ensures that the technology is utilized in the most optimal fashion within the organization and integrates well within the enterprise landscape.
• Must possess a sound knowledge of Architectural Principles and Design methodologies.
• Must understand the concepts of Object-Oriented Design, CMS Integration, Web Application Security.
• Experience in integrating with Cloud technologies, Platform (PaaS) & Application (SaaS) required.
• Experience with the .NET framework, including MVC, required.
• Experience with web services (SOAP, RESTful) required.
• Identify and own architectural and other technology based risk, escalating to the Project Manager(s), as appropriate.
• Ensure that the project’s non-functional requirements are achievable and are subsequently met.
• Resolve technical differences between technical team members.
• Make presentations to IT Leadership & Project teams on technology options and recommendations.
• Provide technical expertise to the offshore development team as they work through product releases.
• Provides technical expertise to project teams, as needed.
• Establish or provide best practices for coding standards and for development like code reviews on projects and operations.
• Served as a technical team lead on multiple projects.
• Should have experience working in an Agile development environment.
• Acted as a flexible project liaison with the development and business facing teams.
• Must have worked hands-on on production support, post- project stabilization.
• Having completed several large full lifecycle major projects using an Agile development methodology a plus.
• Hands on experience in working with offshore development resources a plus.
• Hands on experience in working with a large enterprise packaged application a plus.
• Should be able work well independently and in a group setting.
• Ability to help the business prioritize based on complexity or risk.
• Should possess excellent problem solving, client management, listening, spoken and written communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree is a must; preferably in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
1770 N. Park St, Suite 100 Naperville, IL, 60563Contact