We have a client in Northbook, IL looking for a Solutions Architect. This is a 6-12 month engagement. Rates are 90/W2 or 100/C2C. We need a true Solution Architect, someone familiar with strategy, technology, governance, data, and delivery.
Contact: Martin Hendricks
Provide support for architecture discipline as defined by departmental requirements. Provide overall direction, guidance, definition and facilitation for the development of architecture required to meet business strategies and goals. Identify, support, and analyze the enterprise’s business drivers, IT strategies, and current IT environment and recommend solutions to improve, develop, and align IT to the business. Lead, consult or oversee multiple highly complex projects/programs/domains that have significant impacts and require in-depth technical knowledge across multiple specific architecture disciplines such as technology, solution, business or information/data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and analyze the information to evaluate the effectiveness of controls, determine the accuracy of reports, and monitor the efficiency and security of operations.
- Develop, review, and communicate domain-wide policies, standards, guidelines and procedures. Promote the IT Architecture process, outcomes and results.
- Participate in the IT Architecture Governance process. Lead and facilitate the domain’s architecture governance process based on governance structure. Manage exceptions to architectural standards at a domain level. Review and approve recommendations to architectural standards at a domain level.
- Analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Ensure compatibility with existing solutions, infrastructure, services, and strategic requirements. Guide the design of enterprise-wide initiatives to integrate systems.
- Provide strategic consultation to clients and IT teams/leaders. Consult on application or infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to the technical architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical/solution architecture to accommodate project needs. Keep IT’s technology and delivery managers aware of key customer issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts. Develop a communication plan for architecture at the domain level.
- Coordinate architecture implementation and modification activities. Ensure the conceptual completeness of the technical solution. Work closely with project management to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project/program development and/or operational support activities. Consider potential application and impact to domain’s architecture.
- Identify the tools and components used within the domain based on the enterprise toolset and can define exceptions as warranted.
- Recommend expenditures based on the size, scope, and cost of hardware and software components.
- Develop, motivate, and mentor IT members to create a team environment. Provide leadership, technology guidance and mentor others throughout their domain. Provide coaching and mentoring to less-experienced team members.