A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
The candidate will be responsible for the design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new interfaces and web applications, as well as providing support for existing systems. The developer should be able to work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast-paced environment and be able to communicate directly with customers and other programmers throughout the organization.
In addition to the technical aspects of administering annuity products, the candidate will also be expected to learn the Annuity business managed by the NYL Investments Group. Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the software framework and services using the .NET framework and Microsoft technologies.
- Interact with business analyst/client to understand problems being addressed by the project.
- Review project requirements, assess, and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development.
- Document new development, procedures, and test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent approach to software development.
- Closely follow software development best practices.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with clients, management, and other departments.
- Deploy all integration artifacts to testing and production environments.
- Demonstrate ability to partner and collaborate across organizations to optimize outcomes.
Other skill Sets and Experience desired for this position:
- Familiarity with annuity products including Variable, Fixed and Income annuity products.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 4+ years' experience in .Net programming.
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- VB.Net, ASP.Net, Excel calculations, C#
- Familiarity with MuleSoft a plus.
- Experience with MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- Strong analytic problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Available for some travel, when allowed.
Experience in the Financial Services Industry is a plus.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at
Job Requisition ID: 82932