When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally. This role is a HYBRID based position (Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday onsite and Monday and Friday work from home)
New York Life is seeking an extremely passionate and skilled data developer to take their technical abilities to the next level within our Corporate Technology group. This opportunity provides the right individual with a rewarding career working in a range of technologies to provide leading edge solutions and applications development to New York Life.
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for nearly 176 years. Individual Accountabilities
Key Shared Accountabilities
- Partners with solution and data architect(s) to deliver high performing solutions that meet the needs of the business functions
- Analyzes and understands data sources and end-user requirements to develop and implement ETL Solutions
- Collaborates with multi-functional Engineers, Service Delivery Managers and System Partners to contribute to all phases of development, delivery and support.
- Analyze, design, construct, and automate ETL processes. Uses standard concepts, best practices and procedures to define data mappings, unit test mappings, and data governance as defined by the architect. Validates ETL designs for accuracy and performance, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Develops and maintains proficiency within one or more technology environments with the ability to learn and apply new and emerging concepts very quickly
- Builds and maintains a strong working knowledge of the business area(s) supported and the applications that support it
- Writes and maintains documentation that describes processing, installation and operating procedures
- Supports other developers through problem solving by identifying as well as evolving standards, best practices and reusable solutions
- Participates in technical design, contributing insights and ideas
- Contributes to a positive TCO for solutions within assigned domain(s)
- Assist in the remediation of application stability and performance where integrations are concerned
- Participates in the development of roadmaps related to their area(s) of expertise
- Contributes to development plans, identifies key milestones, and raises critical project issues such as resource needs and contingencies
- Is an active participant in team retrospectives and process improvement initiatives
The salary range for this position is between $105,000 - $160,000. This position is eligible for a discretionary bonus and benefits .
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation . We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 85194