When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You'll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture. "This role is a HYBRID based position (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday onsite and Monday and Friday work from home)"
The Solutions Developer
will be responsible for design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new interfaces and web applications, as well as providing support for existing systems. Developer should be able to work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast paced environment. Communicate directly with customers, other programmers throughout the organization, and outside system vendors. Primary Responsibility
- Interact with business analyst/Client(s) to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project
- Closely follow software development best practices
- Review project requirements and assess and estimate the necessary time-to-completion
- Coding of complex design specifications within the application utilizing the appropriate tools and techniques
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed
- Develop and apply unit testing plans employing quality assurance guidelines
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent approach to software development.
- Communicate professionally and effectively to clients, management, and other departments.
- Deploy all integration artifacts to a testing and production environment.
- Support integration/system testing team with troubleshooting
- Demonstrate ability to partner and collaborate across organizations to optimize outcomes.
- Provide cross team development expertise/solutions for major project initiatives
- Act as a mentor and peer reviewer for coding changes to ensure that build standards are maintained
- Maintain security policies and standards when developing within the application
- Production support solutions and communications to senior management
- Establish a working relationship and facilitate on-going dialog with technical leads, team members and managers
- Develop an understanding of the insurance industry and products
- Develop and conduct application and technical training sessions
Preferred, but not required Experience:
- 2-3 years of Technology project experience
- 2-3 years testing software or technology support
- 2-3 years Life Insurance & Annuity business experience (Strong Product knowledge and/or Underwriting new business process understanding)
- Understanding of ACORD Life Insurance and Annuity data models
- Basic understanding of SDLC - Software development lifecycle
- Exposure to Agile and lean software development practices
Preferred, but not required Skills:
- Knowledge of Life and Annuity Products and New Business Concepts
- Web Services development using Java and/or MuleSoft
- Experience with or knowledge of Unix
- Possess knowledge of relational data bases technology.
- Demonstrated ability to absorb and apply technical knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to speak to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of Life and/or Annuity New Business & Underwriting technology
- Ability to work on multiple projects / activities concurrently
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Some experience using QA Testing tools (JIRA, Practitest, etc)
- Bachelor's degree Information Systems preferred, but not required
The salary range for this position is between $85,000 - $125,000. This position is eligible for a discretionary bonus and benefits .
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation . We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 86076