A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com . Location: Will consider applicants for our NYC, White Plains, Jersey City or Clinton, NJ offices
Service Technology of New York Life Insurance Company is seeking a highly qualified solution developer to support all aspects of solution delivery for it's Enterprise Content Management (ECM) application suite. The candidate must have a proven track record of delivering solutions that fit the current day needs but that are also highly scalable and support a future state model. Responsibilities include:
Required Technical Skills:
- Full stack development as directed for the ECM application suite.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop and deliver enterprise quality applications.
- Working with Architecture teams to ensure standards and best practices are adhered to.
- Business and Function Requirements Analysis
- Facilitates and leads design review sessions and technical discussions
- Conduct proofs-of-concept and develop prototypes.
- Act as key technical trusted advisor, understanding and contributing to the development of a product vision, solution feasibility and development of an architectural approach.
- Envisions new technical capabilities and common application components.
- Demonstrate an ability to constantly look for ongoing technological improvements.
- Must Have strong knowledge of the IBM/FileNet Content and Business Process Management software suite
- Extensive experience with:
- Java Technology Stack
- Web Services
- Spring, Spring Boot, Angular
- IBM WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache iPlanet
- IBM WebSphere MQ (Messaging Queue)
- Knowledge of scripting tools on multiple platforms
- Working knowledge of Git, JIRA.
- Understanding of existing and emerging web standards such as HTML5 and Mobile
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with Application Architecture best practices, existing and emerging technology platforms, architectural and systems engineering industry trends.
- Experience working in the insurance or financial services industry
- Agile methodology, including Scrum
- Cloud development experience is a plus
- Willingness to be extremely flexible on the technology platforms used or projects assigned
- Strong ability to acquire new business and technology knowledge in a fast and timely manner and apply it to solve the problems at hand.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people management skills to engage in projects of various sizes.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- BS with 5+ years of application development experience OR other technology related experience.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at
Job Requisition ID: 82838