When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally. Hybrid (on-site Tues, Wed, Thurs)
Location: can be in St. Charles, IL (Illinois) (Primary), Jersey City, NJ (New Jersey), New York, NY (New York)
Developer will be responsible for design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new interfaces, web services, APIs and web applications, as well as providing support for existing systems. Developer should be able to work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast paced environment. Candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate directly with business analysts, customers and colleagues on other teams throughout the organization.
Learn Annuity business managed by the NYL Investments Group, in addition to the technical aspects of administering annuity products. Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the software framework and services using the .NET framework and Microsoft technologies
- Interact with business analyst/Client(s) to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project.
- Review project requirements and assess and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development.
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent approach to software development.
- Closely follow software development best practices.
- Communicate professionally and effectively to clients, management, and other departments.
- Deploy all integration artifacts to a testing and production environment.
- Demonstrate ability to partner and collaborate across organizations to optimize outcomes.
Desired but not required:
- 2 + years experience in .Net programming.
- VB.Net, ASP.Net, Web API, Excel calculations, C#, JSON, XML
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytic problem-solving, critical-thinking skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Available for some travel.
- 2+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry.
- Experience with industry groups such as ACORD and NSCC is a plus.
- Familiarity with annuity products including Variable, Fixed and Income annuity products preferred but not required.
- Experience with Restful APIs a plus.
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related discipline preferred but not required.
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation . We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 85187