Location: Falls Church, VA; remote from VA, DC, MD or TX will be considered. Position Summary:
seeking an energetic and positive Solutions Architect (SA) to join a team of like-minded and highly driven professionals. This role is not a hands-on technical architect
but the person filling the role will need that experience and leverage these skills to write winning government proposals, industry white papers or thought leadership articles. The role is approximately 75% writing proposal solutions, RFIs, or white papers, 15% client meetings, and 10% hands-on technical work. The role requires a person with a background in: Enterprise IT Support, Infrastructure (network, server, systems) engineering, and hands-on IT project management. The role requires a highly technical, creative, and thorough professional that can develop innovative, but realistic solutions to federal government IT challenges. The role is diverse in responsibilities and covers areas of company and capability growth as well as potential operations duties as a thought leader. The SA will report to the CTO and will primarily be tasked with providing technical expertise and solution design for growth, marketing, and proposal efforts for various Federal Agencies. As such, the role requires a candidate that possesses three core strengths:
What we are looking for:
- Verbal communication. Must be able to speak to a highly technical person and a non-technical person in the same conversation and have them leave the conversation each having understood the points you conveyed
- Written communication. Must be able to write proposal content, RFI responses, White Papers, thought leadership pieces, and other technical artifacts in a compelling and convincing way that ensures compliance with requirements
- Technical expertise. Must be able to perform in an engineering & design role within your area(s) of expertise and understand the full scope of support, processes, and the impact/outcomes of operational decisions
A candidate with significant experience designing and developing technical solutions in Enterprise IT Management services. The ideal candidate must maintain technical proficiency with the latest technologies, trends, standards, & products. The ideal candidate has experience performing in a client-facing capacity for one or more clients as an engineer or manager. Success in this role is dependent on demonstrable experience guiding clients in long-term technical strategy, planning, and the resulting leadership for implementation. It is imperative that the Solutions Architect has broad experience within core IT Support areas, but is an expert in at least 3 of the following (listed in order of preference): Server and Virtualization O&M; Data center consolidation; Infrastructure Automation; Cloud migration; Information Assurance; IT transformation or modernization; Network architecture; Large-scale Project Management; Cloud Native Computing; Legacy application migration to COTS applications.
The candidate should have a proven track record of making sound judgement decisions for design, architecture, and integration after gathering input from team members and stakeholders. The SA should be highly focused on the end user experience and understand the implications of incorrect judgement of design flaws. As this position is highly geared towards growth, it is imperative that the candidate fully understand all facets of traditional IT Support and can explain all areas in at least a high to moderate level of detail via written communication. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional strengths in leadership, analysis, technical and program solutions, and communications as the role will require collaborative efforts between teammates, customer representatives, programs, and BD, capture, and proposal teams. Position requirements:
- BS in an Information Technology related focus (BA will be considered)
- 4+ years of relevant experience designing and developing solutions for IT infrastructure management challenges
- 10+ years of experience in a hands-on technical capacity
- Strong knowledge of information technology, including all layers of the IT services stack
- Experience contributing technical content to proposals at all phases of proposal development
- Management or engineering experience leading upgrade, migration, or modernization projects
- Experience in a client focused capacity where routine client interaction was a daily task
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently or part of a cross functional team.
- Experience facilitating solutioning sessions, organizing meetings, and adhering to schedules
- Willingness to travel (up to 15% of the time)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Proven track record in working with strategic growth plans or transformation road maps
- Ability to leverage key company investments against emerging business development opportunities
- Experience working for a Federal Government IT Services contractor
- Experience developing lifecycle cost estimates for technical solutions.
- Experience performing as the technical volume lead on government proposals
- Experience writing management volumes for government proposals
- Experience performing in a solutions architect capacity in client meetings alongside BD or Capture personnel
- Experience managing technical projects (from requirements gathering to closeout documentation)
- Advanced certifications with applicable vendors such as: Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, AWS, Azure, etc
- Experience with: Reference Architecture guidelines and governance processes, playbook development
- Cyber Security experience: Risk Management Framework, NIST 800-53, Continuous ATO, securing cloud and/or hyper-converged infrastructure, DevSecOps, container security
- Infrastructure Modernization experience: Operations & Maintenance of legacy global infrastructure, cloud migration, service delivery modernization, software modernization
A successful candidate for this position would possess the following skills/traits:
- Lead winning solution development efforts as the technical resource for assigned growth opportunities
- Develop internal and external presentations and strategies and provide extensive support to RFIs and RFPs.
- Ensure precision and detail when performing all aspects of the job duties
- Initiate, plan, lead, and design solutions and transformational roadmaps for innovative new solutions, leveraging new technology offerings.
- Provide thought leadership and technical support to assist business areas and programs in retaining and growing both new and current work
- Perform solution scans and designing and estimating the cost of technical solutions that satisfy the requirements of growth opportunities
- Work with business area leaders and solution architects to develop and grow the company's technical enterprise.
- Coordinate "reach back" with technical subject matter experts (SME) within IntelliDyne to obtain specific knowledge or expertise to address technical issues.
- Prepare and develop proposal content to articulate IntelliDyne solutions, provide written material as needed
- Lead and participate in development of proposals and associated subject matter, and participate in color reviews
- Develop realistic staffing plans along with supporting basis of estimates (BOE)
- Respond to technical questions and research requests from customers and programs. Perform business case analysis to support decision making process
- Build and maintain relationships across IntelliDyne to ensure alignment with program capture, program execution, and other line of business services.
- Periodically take on responsibilities of a BD role or Capture role on some opportunities
- Assist CTO with refining the overall technical strategy and vision to ensure IntelliDyne remains future focused
- Serve in a Solutions Engineering capacity to elicit solutioning information during meetings with clients
- Assist with identifying opportunities to implement existing technology capabilities as well as trends that indicate a need to develop/acquire new capabilities
- Support BD efforts including development of technology artifacts (writing white papers and thought leadership articles), participating in technical briefings, partner identification & vetting, various marketing efforts, and technical growth efforts through customer interaction, attending client meetings or industry days as a technical consultant
- Conduct research and perform analysis on technology areas of focus and of interest to determine the potential for implementation and challenges, benefits, risks in doing so.
- Work with new and existing clients as an advisor/consultant capacity for solution development, capture activities, and technical growth objectives
- Working knowledge of IT support operations from a technical and managerial perspective
- Business focused (in planning) and technical minded (in execution)
- Firm understanding of the outcomes of all aspects within Enterprise IT Operations
- Stays current in understanding of industry initiatives and leading-edge technologies/capabilities
- Comprehensive in planning, execution, and documentation
- Go-Getter or Self-Starter with the ability to achieve the goals with light instruction
- Ability to work with stakeholders and appropriately manage work to completion
- Ability to understand the big picture and work any role required to accomplish the mission
- Ability to shift focus and priorities daily (sometimes within the day)
- Excellent written and verbal communication at all technical levels
- Excellent customer service skills with a focus on end user satisfaction
- Willingness to participate in contribute as a surge resource in various capacities when needed
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org