Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. Description:
Engility and its Veterans Affairs (VA) Account is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of consulting services to the Federal market. Engility is creating professional opportunities for those seeking a growth oriented business environment. Our professionals work with Government agencies and organizations to create efficiencies, increase organizational and human performance, reduce costs, improve operating results, and achieve mission success.
Engility is seeking an experienced Solutions Architect to support growth and innovation within Engility's VA Account. The candidate should have a full lifecycle (design to production release) technical understanding of Agile software development practices. Areas of knowledge/practical experience include most of the following: SCRUM, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Continuous Integration/DevOps/ProdOps, Containerization, Microservices and API-based architecture, Cloud/Software Defined Networking (SDN), UI/UX, Human Centered Design, and managed services solutions. The solutions architect will advise on the feasibility of potential future opportunities from inception to completion and lead end-to-end solution designs.
The candidate will support growth opportunities and advocate technological approaches/tools to programs to achieve long-range objectives. The candidate will engage with customers, partners, and staff in the overall solution development and lead the development of technical and cost/price solutions across the business development, capture, proposal lifecycle. Attention to detail and organization skills are critical. The successful candidate should have a working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types, pricing, and procurement processes and decision-making. Duties to include:
- Serves as Innovation Architect providing architectural and software/hardware engineering expertise to leadership, management, and staff.
- Leads activities associated with concept, design, and delivery of solutions for customer-defined requirements. Analyzes problems and objectives to create innovative solutions using leading edge technologies, managed services, current best-practice methodologies, tools, and solution components.
- Participates in opportunity qualification and decision-making to include PWS gap analyses, teaming qualifications and assessments, identification of relevant Engility capabilities/solutions/ tools, capabilities write-ups and white papers, and contributes to financial/cost analysis.
- Defines standards and best practices for strategy and solution documents, including leadership briefings, roadmaps, plans of action, communications, and proposal content
- Collaborates to define technology migration strategies and approaches for enterprise IT modernization, including legacy system migration using industry best practices
- Proficient in strategic planning, enterprise architecture and emerging technologies to identify risks and opportunities.
- Ensures that appropriate resources are brought to bear on complex production issues affecting enterprise applications
- Engages stakeholders to engender active participation and build strong relationships on behalf of Engility
- Works independently, with no instructions on routine tasks and works collaboratively with general instruction on new tasks or as a member of a team.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline with fifteen years of experience. Note that education can be substituted for 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience supporting the VA
- Experience with the following: SCRUM, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-based solutions, DevOps, Containerization, Microservices and API-based architecture, migration to Cloud/Software Defined Networks, and managed services solutions
- Hands-on experience supporting UI/UX work and Human Centered Design
- Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting creativity, and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated skills supporting all phases/activities of multi-million dollar business development, capture, and proposal efforts, with demonstrated leadership in technical solutions development. Experience working captures in a large structured organization with a formal gate review process (or formal training such as Shipley)
- Experience interacting with and formally presenting to C-level executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership to resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur, consistently following through on details while driving innovation
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and demonstrate a high degree of organization in order to support multiple concurrent opportunity captures.
- Technical Certifications (e.g., CSM, SAFe, ITIL, PMI-ACP, AWS/Microsoft Azure, CISSP)
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Prior experience working as a Business Analyst
- Experience with Cybersecurity
- Understanding of Digital Services Playbook
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here .
Department: Information Technology