Lead Software Engineer / Solutions Architect
This is a full-time role working on a number of different digital properties, the majority of which are high-traffic, cutting-edge, and consumer-facing websites and mobile apps. The architecture of each product varies (e.g., .NET, Java, RoR, etc.), so someone with a language agnostic background would be preferred. You’ll be the most senior member of the 10+ person engineering team, and in addition to setting the technical direction and being responsible for the overall application architecture, you’ll also be playing a mentorship role to the internal team. We are a well-funded, VC-backed technology firm, highly profitable, and expanding aggressively; we also know how to have a great time and have fostered a fun-loving and rewarding environment.
Required Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of designing, building, and deploying highly scalable, robust applications.
- Profound understanding of software design principles, patterns, and architectural solutions.
- Expert knowledge of full-stack web application development.
- Service and object-oriented design and development.
- Experience in either .NET or JEE and desire to learn and master RoR.
- Experience in business process workflows and third party integration using API’s and data import / export.
- Experience using distributed, middle tier caching frameworks.
- Messaging frameworks and queuing.
- Integration with social platforms (Facebook, Twitter)
- Integration with native mobile applications.
- Excellent SQL coding and understanding of RDBMS.
- Unit and integration testing.
- Energetic team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
Highly Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience with heavy-traffic websites.
- Cloud development (AWS or Azure).
- CDN integration (Akamai).
- Familiarity with iOS and Android development.
- NoSQL frameworks.
- Linux command line and bash scripting.
- Nginx, Unicorn, Capistrano, Git, SVN, Solr.