Role: Java Lead /Architect (W2 ONLY)
Location: Pleasanton, CA ( Remote now)
Type: long term contract
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide architecture and design solutions for consumer facing applications.
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, and testing of business solutions
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise the business on approach and tradeoffs
- Work with developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Architect (EA), business and the project team to understand business requirements and strategies, ensures completeness of requirements and create suitable software architectures to support those needs.
- Partners with Enterprise, Application, and other Lead Architects in driving modular, services-oriented integration and solutions architectures.
- Ensure Target Architectures are achievable (working with the Application Architect to address any concerns) and is accountable for ensuring that the Solution Architecture and Design can be implemented working along a sequence of events/steps in achieving the Target Architecture.
- Able to provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Lead projects, allocate and manage resources. Provide technical leadership, coach, and mentor team members
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 10+ years of programming experience (Spring boot, Java, Java Script, NoSQL, Web Services Technologies, SOAP and/or REST).
- Extended expertise in NoSQL, RDBMS, Oracle, Cassandra (DML, DDL and Query Optimization).
- Significant experience with systems Integration including building message-based, Kafka and ETL Integrations.
- Experience designing and building data pipelines using Apache Spark or Apache Flink
- Hands on experience with technologies like Spring Boot, Kubernetes, PCF, Containerization, API Management
- Working experience (5+ years preferred) practical (hands-on) experience with J2EE/Spring Web applications development.
- Strong experience building applications on the public cloud