Huntington Ingalls Incorporated
A division of Huntington Ingalls Industries
Who We Are
Huntington Ingalls Industries Technical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is currently seeking a Solutions Architect that can work remotely to design, implement, and manage solutions for contractual deliverables to the US Government. These deliverables include our travel and purchasing processes for both Huntington Ingalls Industries as well as our subcontractors. Our solutions must be simple for data entry, captures all required documentation, performs all required calculations, routes workflow approvals in the simplest format for the US Government to review, approve, and track. The current solution developed over the past 6 months has been with the Smartsheet platform and it is expected to remain on this solution until a substitute can be developed that exceeds the current solution. The solutions architect must be capable of managing and improving the existing Smartsheet solution that utilizes Data Mesh, Dynamic View, WorkApps and numerous other new developmental features within Smartsheet.
A division of Huntington Ingalls Industries
Defense & Federal Solutions
Defense & Federal Solutions, a business group within Huntington Ingalls Industries Technical Solutions division, helps solve tough national security challenges for the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies. Our expert capabilities include intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR), and cyber; secure enterprise IT engineering and operations; military training and simulation; logistics management and integrated product support; and fleet maintenance, modernization, repair and sustainment.
What you should bring with you (Skills/Experience)
* Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, configures and maintains Smartsheet solutions for internal and external coordination for the company and/or for external customers and clients.
* Ensures Smartsheet solutions are available to the desired audience with appropriate links and security.
* Develops, assesses and communicates Smartsheet usage and security policies and procedures.
* Designs Smartsheet layouts, graphics, color schemes and infrastructure to maintain a cohesive solution based on the organization's communications strategies and goals.
* Develop, build, and deploy custom solutions leveraging the Smartsheet API
* Lead technical design sessions; architect and document technical solutions aligned with business objectives; identify gaps between current and desired end states
* Researches and evaluates new related technologies.
* Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, configures and maintains a web and application based SQL database solution for all US Governement deliverables on this contract.
* Collaborates with team to develop new technology solutions or identify existing software solutions to existing project management problems that facilitates understanding among the team, reduces recreation of information, and communicates clearly to the user of this information.
What you must have
* 2 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 0 years experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years relevant experience.
* 2+ years hands-on working experience in the configuration, customization, and implementation of SaaS applications
* 2 years of experience using the Smartsheet platform, to include features like Data Mesh, Dynamic View, and WorkApps
* Understanding of key design patterns and large data volume best practices
* Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design and database design
Bonus Points for
* 3+ years hands-on working experience in the configuration, customization, and implementation of SaaS applications
* Knowledge of data integration tools and experience integrating SAAS applications with different business systems (ETL, CRM, business analytics, reporting, etc.)
* Strong background in design/development of large web-based or client server systems, or complete software product lifecycle exposure
* Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
* Proven ability to drive projects from concept through completion with minimal guidance
* Familiarity with platform authentication patterns (SAML, SSO, OAuth)
* Strong understanding of release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America's largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII's Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII's Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.