Seeking a Solution Architect (SA) to be a part of our Strategic Sourcing & Procurement IT Organization. The SA will architect the next generation of knowledge systems that will drive our businesses into the future. You will develop specific solutions and reference architectures and roadmaps. To be successful, you must be comfortable offering your point of view based upon understanding our businesses, what drives value, and working closely with our internal business partners.
You will also partner with other IT peers to merge business and IT strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Solution Architect working with ERP systems, "Core" and "Edge" systems supporting the SS&P capability within a manufacturing and distribution enterprise.
Candidates should be comfortable working on a dynamic, cross functional organization where your knowledge, skills, initiative, and leadership allow you to collaborate and partner to achieve common goals. This position will share responsibilities with other SAs in the organization.
As a capability SA, you will be expected to:
What You Will Need - Basic Qualifications:
- Learn & understand Enterprise Architecture (As Is and To Be) and work within the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement capability to drive standardization of technologies and tools working within Enterprise Archecture (EA) guidelines to simplify & reuse:
- Partner with EAs and other SAs to develop roadmaps for implementation of strategic capabilities within their ecosystem.
- Identify critical functionality to be provided and strategic components that can be leveraged in the future state environment
- Defining API-led integration approaches to enable decoupling of systems and reduce complexity
- Engage application owners and data teams in the process of defining and designing solutions
- Ensure solutions enable and support enterprise standards for security, compliance, app modernization, and cloud
- Identifying opportunities to reduce technical debt and drive value added capabilities
- Work with IT Platform leaders, Segment Data Architect, Segment Integration Architects, Enterprise Architects, and other relevant parties to facilitate architecture discussions.
- Develop reference architecture patterns that can apply across their ecosystem(s) (and GP where appropriate)
- Oversee Disaster Recovery program for identified Platform areas.
- 3 Years of experience working as a Solution Architect or similar role
- Demonstrated ability to follow general business processes and requirements while recommending and applying the appropriate technology solutions
- Experience working with ERP systems or "Core" systems supporting a manufacturing and distribution enterprise.
- Familiar with API lead integration strategies
- Knowledge of or experience working with Strategic Sourcing & Procurement technologies.
- Knowledge of or experience working ERP and Procurement Systems.
- Knowledge of or experience working with various procurement buying channels.
- Knowledge of or experience working with Purchasing Master Data (Supplier, Item and Catalog)
- Experience designing and implementing a complete overhaul of the IT systems operating a mature global business
- MuleSoft integration platform
- AWS Data Lake and Redshift ETL Platforms
- Tableau and Power BI Reporting Platforms
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or