The Application Architect plays an important role in the design and analysis of software projects. The Application architect is involved in the creation of new applications or improving existing applications, developing product prototypes and creating technical documents and manuals relating to application development. The Application Architect may evaluate application technologies and make recommendations for best uses. In addition, Application Architects could be involved in training other team members in areas of programming and software development.RESPONSIBILITIES
Application Architects must carry out various tasks to ensure that application software is effectively and efficiently designed, produced and tested.
- Oversee the design process for application software
- Provide technical support and training
- Perform design and code reviews
- Create technical documents
- Understanding design and production procedures and standards to create prototypes and finished products is crucial to Application Architects
- Application Architects must work closely with systems analysts, software developers, data managers and other team members to ensure successful production of application software
- Application Architects must be prepared to offer viable solutions for various systems and architectures to different types of businesses
- Integrating applications with existing systems - ensuring a seamless integration of new and existing systems to eliminate potential problems and maintain data structure and integrity is a vital skill for Application Architects
- Application Architects should have a wide knowledge of available tools, popular standards and work techniques. Such knowledge is indispensable to make right, strategic decisions for the project that are difficult to change later.
- As an application architect, you require a Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related technical degree or a 10+ years as a professional developer/architect
- Communication Skills: They communicate with clients to identify their architectural needs and requirements
- Analytical Skill: They are well versed in conducting system analysis to identify operational limitations and gaps in functional coverage.
• C# with Visual Studio 2012 and higher
? Expert - generics, LINQ, templates, inheritance
? Expert - speaking in patterns, anti-patterns, code smells, etc.
? Expert - Team Foundation Server - Knows how to merge code line by line, and can exercise good judgment, and
be a part of a team with group code ownership.
? Third-party tools: Prolers, Resharper, PostSharp, Soap UI (a plus)
? Oracle ODP.NET for 11g (a plus)
• Oracle PL/SQL
? Expert - able to write stored procedures and packages
? Expert - Understands 4 basic joins, case statements, basic indexing theory.
• .NET framework.
? Expert - Understand all primitives and collections very well. Familiar with the BCL so that they do
not reinvent the wheel and can make use of existing framework code.
? Expert - Able to get up to speed on alternate frameworks/libraries quickly, can take what they have
learned in other areas, and apply that experience to get up to speed on new things quickly and effectively.
• ASP.NET MVC and Web Development
? Expert - HTML5, XML, jQuery, AJAX, JSON, CSS
? Expert - Bootstrap, Knockout, Parsley
? Expert - Mastered the basic Model, View and Controller classes, and understands how they
work together to paint a screen.
? Can dynamically alter the style of elements by id, class or element type.
? Firm understanding of intermediate to advanced topics such as custom model binding,
ActionMethodSelector, ActionFilter, and custom ActionResults.
? Understands how to make use of AJAX or JSON methods.
? Able to explain lazy loading as well as the benefits and liabilities.
? Able to explain view models.
? Able to create and apply Unit Tests
? Able to explain the difference between unit tests, integration tests and regression tests.
? Familiar with code metrics, and code coverage metrics.
? Can use more than one strategy of the following (XPath, XmlDocument, Linq for XML) to parse, extract
and modify xml documents.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or