Position: Solutions Architect
Location: North America
My client is looking for Solution Architects to work on next generation Big Data implementations and applications. You will be working with Customers, Sales teams and Development teams that are globally dispersed and working on Emerging technologies solving business problems at Fortune 1000 companies, Small and Medium Sized businesses (SMB), OEMs, and Large Public sector agencies.
Solution Architects will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Business Analytic solutions, including pre-sales solution visioning, requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment. My client is looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust business analytic solutions that leverage Big Data (Hadoop, NoSQL, Analytical DB) technologies.
My client's Solution Architects are technical champions and evangelists who guide customers through their implementation of a business analytical solutions using my client. These individuals are customer- and sales-oriented, are capable of independently developing sophisticated BA and data integration solutions, and present technical solutions to broad audiences. The right candidate for this position has a proven track record as a principal consultant with superior technical skills, the ability to lead small teams and to manage strategic client relationships.
- Support business development activities by leading solution visioning with customers, including development of architecture, design, integration and development plans.
- Performs requirement analysis, architecture, design, development, integration, performance tuning, rollout, support and optimization of customer's business analytic implementations on Big Data technologies.
- Researches and resolves installation, configuration, deployment and upgrade issues; acts as advocate for customer and liaison to my client's Engineering, Product Management and Support organizations
- Mentors customer's staff members in the use of My client technologies and best practices
- Develops applications demonstrating the use of My client products advanced functionality and APIs
- Identifies best practices and develops content for training courses and reusable artifacts for future engagements
- Participates in the on-boarding and mentoring of other consultants
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
- Fast learner with a desire to continue learning
- Superior listening, speaking, presentation and writing skills
- Self-directed with the ability to manage simultaneous engagements with minimal supervision
- Ability to set and manage client expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues
- Ability to explain my client's products, technical benefits and integration points to management and technical audiences
- Must show initiative and desire to learn business subjects
- Able to work independently and provide updates to management
- Excellent problem solving skills; proven teamwork and communication skills
- Experienced working in a consultative environment
- Ability to support business development activities to shape and communicate proposed solutions to customer executives and architects
Technical background and proficiency:
- Hands-on experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase etc.)
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume)
- Minimum of 5 years systems development and implementation experience performing architect-level design for large scale end-user implementations
- 5-8 years experience working with business intelligence and data integration tools and development processes such as dimensional modeling.
- 4-6 years experience working with core infrastructure technologies such as operating systems (Linux, Windows, Solaris), application servers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic), relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL), security architectures (CAS, Spring Security, LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory) and networking (HTTP/SSL/load balancing)
- Experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout)
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in business, computer science or MIS required
Masters degree in business, computer science or MIS a strong plus.