Piper Companies is looking for a dynamic IT Solutions Architect with extensive experience with Salesforce to join our IT Team!
The IT Solutions Architect is responsible for proactively and holistically leading or supporting EA (Enterprise Architecture) activities. This includes defining the requirements, principles and models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise while incorporating business cases and end users, to work with existing or creating new enterprise level systems. This position requires understanding the full spectrum of systems, including users, databases, ETL, cloud, COTS, networks, languages and frameworks, CI/CD, DevOps, SDLC, security, UI/UX, etc. The IT Solutions Architect understands technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
This position interacts with business analysts, project managers, software developers, Global Data team as well as end users. The IT Solutions Architect will report to the Director of Applications.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
• Drive digital innovation by leveraging innovative new technologies and approaches to maintain, extend and transform the existing core technology base.
• Lead the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, lead the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture
• Define migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state.
• Assess the benefits and the risks of information by using tools such as business capability models to create an information-centric view to quickly visualize what information matters most to the organization based on the defined business strategy.
• Collaborate with technical subject matter experts and EA peers to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
• Assist data and analytics leaders and business and IT leadership in developing information governance processes and structures.
• Oversee and facilitate the research, evaluation and selection of software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
• Document necessary enterprise technology architecture design and analysis work, standards and conventions, possibly including project postmortem documentation and metric collection.
• Oversight of data structures and database design.
• Hands-on application development, software configurations, or other related coding across different applications suite.
• Work as a technical lead to perform code reviews, document technical specifications and define design methodologies that adhere to best practice, standards and conventions.
• 10+ years of experience in the software industry with software design / development background. At least 5 years of concentration as a Salesforce Developer / Architect is required for this position.
• 3+ years of experience as a solution architect or similar Enterprise role.
• 10+ years of experience with OOP language doing web applications and relational databases.
• 5+ years of experience with cloud services and/or CRM development.
• 2+ years of experience in CI/CD.
• 3+ years of functional experience in SAP or other ERP applications.
• Identify upstream/downstream system dependencies, working with middleware, cloud service partners, AppExchange partners.
• Experience in working with onsite/offshore resources.
• High levels of personal integrity when conducting the professional affairs of the organization and dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risks and costs.
• Collaborates with technical resources to design technical solutions as well as to support the technical resources in the development process.
• Strong understanding of database design concepts, data migration and data integration.
• An understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives.
• Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, spiral, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevOps).
• Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system.
• Experience with SFDC Sales Cloud and Service Cloud (application design, architecture and development using Salesforce.com)
• Experience with Salesforce, SAP, EPICOR, Magento, PowerBI, Tableau, Azure or other cloud, SharePoint, etc. preferred.
• Content knowledge: Experience designing and implementing Salesforce solutions and proven understanding of Microsoft Dynamics, Siebel, SAP, and similar enterprise-level applications.
• Experience with any SDLC tool such as Jira, Confluence, Azure DevOps, VSTS, etc.
This is a direct hire opportunity with a competitive compensation and benefits package offering a base salary of $160,000 for candidates that meet the criteria of this role.