Solutions Architect / Strategic Advisor
Come work for Net at Work ranked #29 among the world’s 501 most strategic and innovative managed service providers (MSPs) and the top Sage partner in North America!
About Net at Work
For businesses that want to unleash new levels of efficiency, performance and success, Net at Work provides expert services and solutions that unlock the transformational power of technology. We combine technology and business expertise with exceptional care to build long-term, trusted relationships. We’re problem-solvers and promise-keepers. Those are the twin principles upon which Net at Work was founded, and they’re what our clients tell us they value most about their relationships with us.
While we provide a variety of technology-related business services delivered by a diverse group of 200-plus dedicated professionals, we are a single, tight-knit team. We share challenges and solutions, victories and failures, valuing each team members’ contribution to the whole. One company, with one goal: enable our clients to unleash their potential through the transformative power of technology.
The Network Infrastructure/Managed Services Group within Net at Work is looking for an experienced IT Professional to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the Technology Services Manager, the vCTO – Virtual Chief Technology Officer provides strategic consulting services for Net at Work’s managed services accounts. The vCTO works actively with key stakeholders to drive technology initiatives, direct the overall technology strategy, and drive support effectiveness for our clients.
Our service delivery model is based on a high touch, white glove-style service for our managed and support clients. We strive to be the outsourced IT Department for our clients, as well as a strategic partner. Exceptional client relationships drive our success!
Successful candidates are self-motivated, possess a sense of urgency and demonstrate critical thinking and exceptional interpersonal skills. Strong familiarity with IT managed services and ConnectWise is preferred.
- Be an integral part of our growing Service Delivery Team, aiding and supporting the team and our client base with positivity, integrity, and dedication to the end-user experience.
- Manage the client on-boarding process.
- Document all opportunities, client discussions, and events in the ConnectWise Manage system.
- Schedule Quarterly Business Reviews and strategic on-site meetings with the client according to the vCTO playbook.
- Work closely with client stakeholders of managed accounts to develop a deep awareness of their business and partner with them to create IT budget roadmaps, technology implementation schedules, and technology vision plans.
- Work closely with the project management team to ensure managed client projects are delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Be the client advocate! Ensure that service delivery and execution is of the highest level!
- Actively review client metrics and reporting data daily.
- Work with the procurement team to develop quotes, proposals, and service agreements.
- Actively train on the Net at Work solution stack of services and products.
- Utilize MSP Tools such as ConnectWise Manage, Automate, IT Glue and BrightGauge to drive efficiency and leverage across the client base.
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction and Strong customer service focus with excellent communication skills and a pro-active attitude.
- Work with the Technical Team Lead and the Service Manager to escalate trouble tickets.
- Attend weekly/monthly department meetings.
- Stay current with industry and technology news, trends and best practices.
- 5+ years’ experience in an IT Consulting or Managed Services environment
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent work in an IT related field
- Understanding of vendor licensing programs (Microsoft, VMware, etc.)
- Excellent business acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Team Player
- Passionate about, and dedicated to, the client experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong documentation skills
- Vendor certifications
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- VMware ESXi 5.0/5.5/6.0
- Exchange 2010/2013/2016
- MSSQL 2008/2016
- Networking Technologies: Cisco, Meraki, SonicWALL, HP
- Storage Appliances: NetApp, Nimble
- VDI: VMware Horizon Vue, Citrix
- Enterprise Level Backup Solutions: Backup Exec, NetBackup, Zerto, VEEAM
- BDR Technologies: Datto, Axcient, eFolder, Cloudberry
- Microsoft Office 365
- Cloud Infrastructure: Amazon AWS, Azure
- PSA: ConnectWise, Autotask
- RMM: ConnectWise Manage (Labtech), Continuum, AVG Managed Workplace, Kasaya
- Communications – Written and Oral
- Analysis Skills
- Customer Focus
- Team Player
This position is based in our New York City headquarters (midtown location conveniently located near Penn Station, Port Authority and Times Square).
We are an AA/EOE employer.