**East Coast Location Preferred + 50% Travel** Position Summary:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide software development and application administration solutions and support to our clients. This position may also participate in activities such as installing, deploying, configuring, programming, testing, and documentation. Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides development and application administration solutions to clients
- Develops technical and conceptual specifications in support of the overall analytic solutions
- Tests analytic products or application server environments for data integrity, performance, and usability
- Documents completed technical work for clients
- Maintains technical specifications throughout a project
- Collaborate with end users to ensure analytic solutions maximize the value of client data across their organization
- Focused on creating high quality work products
- Demonstrate ability to be multi-threaded with an aptitude and excitement for a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- At least three (3) years Information Technology experience, to include at least two (2) years of hands-on experience developing reports, architecting and administering IBM Cognos solutions, such as Cognos Analytics, Cognos 10, Cognos 8, PowerPlay, ReportNet, Planning Analytics and/or TM1
- Strong understanding and experience working with and developing IBM Cognos Analytics Framework Manager Models and Data Modules
Other Position Requirements:
- Understanding of ETL techniques and workflows as they impact and relate to analytic solutions.
- Demonstrated database knowledge in DB2, Netezza, or other enterprise-class RDBMS
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating systems including Windows, i5/OS, z/OS, AIX, Linux, or others
- Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery
- Experience troubleshooting and identifying potential problems and making appropriate changes as necessary
- Experience creating technical documentation
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Consulting experience
- Report development experience in Cognos Analytics
- Experience with another leading BI tool (PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc.)
Data Privacy and Security :
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.