One of the largest health insurers in the nation is focused on continuously building an industry-defining, world-class IT capability. Healthcare is forever evolving, especially due to emerging technologies, making this a great experience to add to your resume. Come join their winning team!
This contract role
as a Sourcing Analyst
in Chicago IL
is responsible for identifying, developing and executing sourcing strategies for the most cost-effective pricing and best service.
You must be able to attend an in-person interview at our client's site (they will not hire off a phone screen or Skype interview).Requirements:
- College Degree in Business or Finance, or 6 years of relevant experience
- Command of strategic sourcing principles
- Team leadership; a strategic thinker who is energized by change and impact.
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills and business acumen to determine how to best leverage deal points.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Consistent thought leadership
- Extensive experience in project management and contract negotiation and drafting.
- Extensive Experience developing presentations and presenting to management and other internal groups.
- Ability to lead projects without much leadership guidance
- Lead and drive to desired customer outcomes
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Preferably with 4 - 8 years of experience in strategic sourcing and contract negotiation, or higher-level education (e.g. Juris Doctorate)
- Preferably with knowledge of Insurance industry
- Identifies, develops, and executes sourcing strategies so that HCSC will receive the most cost-effective pricing and best service.
- Develops a strategic sourcing process by partnering with users to define specifications and requirements. Assesses requirements and creates standards by matching corporate needs to products.
- Provides and negotiates recommendations to internal groups and establishes standards for products.
- Creates and leads cross-divisional category/sourcing teams and project and communication plans that drive towards milestones and goals.
- Able to quickly resolve conflicts within the cross-divisional team or with suppliers
- Develops, documents, and maintains category policies and procedures.
- Ability to track, monitor and analyze spend data to effectively translate into category trends and savings opportunities.
- Analyzes markets and assess risk, gathering intelligence on fundamental conditions and technical information that affects the commodity.
- Manages supplier relationships and deal processes, including the bid process, supplier negotiations, etc.
- Manages the contract and award process, including the negotiation of the business terms of the contract.
- Coordinates routine implementation and transition processes of specific categories.
- Rationalizes and consolidates the supplier base, gaining economies of scale in sourcing.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, customers, etc.
- Maintain and lead a web-based Contracting Process.
- Lead and manage the review and approval of contracts in accordance with Execution of Instruments Policy and other corporate policies.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders across various departments.
Solving IT is pleased to offer a rich benefit plan to our W2 employees. We offer four health plan options and a PPO dental plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Term Life/AD&D Insurance, Long and Short Term Disability, and 401(k) Savings Plan. Solving IT subsidizes the health and dental premium for the employee.
As you continue to develop your skills and experience, Solving IT will work with your changing preferences to match you with rewarding projects. Our unrivaled reputation for quality is demonstrated through our Inavero Best of Staffing award that was won due to the feedback from our own clients and candidates. We also love to socialize and have fun so we have regularly scheduled parties and events for you to unwind and network with fellow consultants.
Whether you are searching for your next challenge or just looking to stay on top of market trends, Solving IT is committed to help position you appropriately. By leveraging the latest market and compensation data available, you can rest assured that you are getting more than just an informed opinion. You are getting the Solving IT Experience.