In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Performance Modeling and Analysis Department (PMAD) focuses on the modeling, analysis, and optimization of orbits, satellite access, and system performance at all levels for space architectures. We develop sensor models and system visualizations; perform system and architecture performance assessments; and perform orbital coverage, geolocation, and communications analyses. We develop and maintain special-purpose software to support our analyses. PMAD software developers apply object-oriented and parallel processing techniques to our software to leverage the corporation's high-performance computing resources. We are looking for a Decision Support Analyst to:Key Functions
- Provide technical expertise and independent customer support in the areas of space system architecture modeling and analysis.
- Perform system optimization and assess overall performance through the use of in-house or custom-developed analysis tools.
- Compare the performance of architecture variants and conduct trade studies.
- Mentor and work with junior analysts as part of larger study teams.
- Apply broad and/or deep experience with customer space systems and technologies in one or more specific functional areas depending on background.
- Provide expert advice within a specific technology or functional area.
- Provide support in growing modeling and analysis capabilities in new support areas.
- Interact independently with program office and customer organizations.
- Creatively and effectively apply computer analysis to problems as needed. This position is in Chantilly, Virginia.
- Graduate degree in aerospace engineering, operations research, or related field of science, engineering, or mathematics.
- Eight years of related industry experience
- Familiarity with orbital mechanics, dynamics, and mathematics related to space system analysis required.
- Prior experience in system analysis and simulation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dependability and good interpersonal skills.
- Current TS/SCI required.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
- Ph.D. in aerospace engineering, operations research or related field of science, engineering, or mathematics.
- Substantial experience or background in one of the following areas: architecture performance analysis and modeling; optimization and/or decision support; communications systems analysis; electronics systems analysis, imagery systems analysis, software and/or simulation development.
- Experience in the use and maintenance of PC or UNIX platforms, and associated software.
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone ator by email at
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
poster and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement