Peraton's Intelligence Group - Space Programs is searching for a Space Segment Lead for leading and directing the integration of space capabilities in support of the war-fighting missions of combatant commanders being acquired by the United States Air Force. The mission is to contribute to the development of low-cost, rapid reaction payloads, buses, launch, and launch control capabilities in order to fulfill joint military operational requirements.
The successful candidate should be a subject matter expert in space development, acquisition and integration of bus, mission payload, communications systems and software and hardware subsystems.
The Space Segment Lead will lead the integration of the bus, mission payload, communications systems, and software and hardware for multiple space vehicles. The Space Segment lead will ensure that the space vehicles are designed to respond to evolving space threats by leveraging innovative technologies from a broad industrial base and that the space segment architecture is scalable to support a dynamically-sized constellation with the ability for rapid, cost effective integration of new functionality and mission profiles.
The Space Segment Lead will direct a technical team executing the systems integration functions associated with delivering on-orbit capabilities in a rapid and agile manner, demonstrating all key technologies and capabilities of a complex enterprise, and providing a clear path forward for future capabilities with incremental technology insertion. The Space Segment Lead will be responsible for the successful integration and deployment of an enterprise set of capabilities. Qualifications
- Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- Bachelors or Master's (preferred) degree in an engineering or technical subject
- 15 years of satellite space segment/systems engineering knowledge and development experience on ACAT 1 satellite programs
- 8 years of SE&I experience including architecture, requirements, IV&V, experiments, transition to operations
- 8 years of experience with new and emergent technologies (i.e. radar systems, optical systems. communications systems, resiliency capabilities etc.)
- Experience with space offensive and defensive environment and the space situational awareness mission
- Strong experience and familiarity with Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration and Modeling (AFSIM)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex space technical issues using a broad set of diverse teams and skill sets
- Demonstrated success in holding their teams accountable for technical accuracy and completion
- Strong communication skills able to effectively communicate complex issues, risks and opportunities
- Familiar with Open Mission Systems (OMS) and Universal Command and Control Interface (UCI) standards
- Experience with MBSE, Agile Software methodologies, CI/CD, and DevSecOps
- (Desired) Certifications commensurate with area of study and experience (ESEP, PE, PMP, etc.)
- Active Top Secret clearance is required with SCI.
#LI-SG2 About PeratonPeraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.As a government contractor, Peraton abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination ProvisionThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).