El Segundo,California,United States6J7BP2
The Boeing Company's Satellite Division in El Segundo is seeking software engineers to staff existing and emerging programs. Real-time software written will be used for on board space avionics or payload functionality.
- Full life-cycle development including requirements analysis, software architecture, designs, coding, unit test, integration and formal qualification.
- Assisting with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Developing and maintaining code and integrating software components into a fully functional software system.
- Assisting with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Supporting software project management and software supplier management functions.
- Selecting, tailoring and deploying processes and tools; establishing metrics.
- Performing software research and trade studies.
- Troubleshooting software issues.
- Interacting well with System Engineers/Analyst as well other members of the Integrated Product Team.
- Working under general supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Degree in Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science or similar education
- At least 2 years of direct experience designing and developing software for a real time or non-real-time system.
- Proficient knowledge of Object Oriented design and at least 2 years programming in an industry using C/C++.
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment
- Proficient in writing application software running on an OS, like VxWorks, Linux or something similar.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Familiarity with real-time embedded software development that includes requirements analysis through Formal Qualification.
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating system, software development for math intensive algorithms, integration of COTS software, UML or other modeling language, SQL DB, DOORs, or ClearCase a major plus.
- Prior avionics software development experience is a plus.
- Experience in TCL and Python is a plus.
- Familiarity with formal development process and current software engineering topics is highly desired.
Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the TimeSpace and LaunchIndividual ContributorNoNoStandardUnited States; The Boeing Company Department:
Engineering, Boeing Defense/Space/Security, Software Engineering