- Work as part of a scrum team and provide big data ETL solutions for within an Agile methodology.
- Participate in technical design discussions aiming for optimal performance and risk mitigation.
- Ensure code adheres to enterprise standards and principles.
- Leverage development operations techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test-Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools such as Git and Bit Bucket.
- Ability to work independently and drive solutions end-to-end leveraging various big data technologies to solve data problems and develop innovative big data solutions.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required.
- At least six (6) years of experience developing software solutions.
- At least four (4) years of experience in Service Oriented Architecture/Service integration with Web Services, REST and security integration.
- At least three (3) years of experience of Scala + Spark in big data environments/
- At least two (2) years of experience in working, defining, maintaining architectural frameworks, patterns & data structures.
- Proven experience in building in data driven applications using a combination of Java/Scala and the Spark framework.
- Must have knowledge in building applications with concurrency.
- Must have knowledge of latest Angular, Spring Component and Spring Boot Framework.
- Proven expertise w/leveraging big data components (including but not limited toHive, HBASE, Oozie, Kafka) to build large scale data processing systems.
- Proven experience in two or more of the programming languages (Java, Spark, Python)
- Experience working in an agile environment.