Red Oak Technology is seeking a Spark/Scala Developer for our client. This position can be located in any of our 2 locations: Newark, CA, or Lafayette, CO and is a Contract to Hire position.
- Help build our new platform from the ground up, using highly scalable, elastic, cloud-based SaaS offering that performs detailed risk analyses.
- Consuming data to create data models with Spark for predictive recommendations
- Master of Science in Computer Science or Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with 5 or more years’ experience.
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Expertise in Scala and Spark
- Strong experience with Spark Data Model creation for prediction models
- Expertise in cluster computing technologies such as Apache Spark or Hadoop MapReduce
- Experience in columnar data storage format such Apache Parquet
- Familiarity with relational and big data such as Postgres, HDFS, Aurora, Dynamo and similar technologies
- Familiarity with Git and build automation tools such as Maven
- Strong skills in analytic computing and algorithms
- Strong mathematical background, including statistics and numerical analysis
- Knowledge of advanced programming concepts such as memory management, files & handles, multi-threading and operating systems
- Experience in unit testing techniques
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to convey complex ideas to others in a concise and clear manner
- Software Development Life Cycle experience including planning, designing, development, testing and debugging. Proven track record of on-time delivery
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python or R
- Experience in performance measurement, bottleneck analysis, and resource usage monitoring
- Significant experience in multi-threading and memory management
- Familiarity with probabilistic and stochastic computational techniques
- Experience with data access and computing in highly distributed cloud systems
- Experience in agile development