Matrix Technology Group is a highly recognized provider of professional IT Consulting services in the US. Founded in 1998, Matrix Technology Group is an ERP, BI and Application Development consulting services provider.
Role: Senior Software Engineer, Big Data Platform
Location: New York City, NY
Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
The Viacom Data Platform is looking for an awesome Sr. Software Engineer with professional, hands-on experience in developing and maintaining applications and services primarily written in Python.
The Data Platform is responsible for ensuring the right people have the right data at the right level of granularity across Viacom brands such as Nickelodeon, MTV, BET, and Comedy Central. We enable teams driving video, marketing, and advertising to be data driven and we are implementing practical approaches with machine learning to enhance the work people do here. We take an internal open source approach to our work and believe our code needs to be top quality in order to succeed. Be a part of this growing, critical team in a challenging but fun working environment.
• • Extending and customizing open source data catalog solutions to meet our needs
• • Help drive our API connector framework architecture and engineering efforts
• • Collaborating across the team to shape the Data Platform technology stack
• • Creating technical documentation
• • Improving automation and test coverage (unit/integration/user acceptance tests, etc.)
• • Advising across teams on "Pythonic " Python development
• • Keeping up to date with modern software engineering technologies
• • 7+ years of software engineering experience with 4+ years in Python development plus a Master's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent professional experience combined with a Bachelor's degree
• • Extensive experience with Python and experience with either Java or Scala
• • Experience with Python frameworks such as Flask, Django, and/or Pylons
• • Good working knowledge of Node.JS and JQuery
• • Understanding of big data technologies such as Apache Spark, Apache Kafka
• • Experience with build and dependency management tools (Gradle, sbt, Maven, npm)
• • Ability to build cloud native apps on Amazon Web Services
• • Good experience with agile development processes like Scrum and Kanban
• • Insist on automating everything (e.g. tests, Continuous Integration, monitoring, alerting)
• • Experience in working with Unix/Linux environment
Nice to have:
• • Experience with one or more NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Neo4J, or RDF triple stores
• • Experience with data pipeline tools such as Apache Airflow, Luigi, AWS Data Pipeline
• • Familiarity with tools like CKAN and Apache Atlas
Matrix Technology Group
"Certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)"
D-111 1st Floor Crystal Plaza, AnderiWest NJ, 400053