Spark Technical Solutions Engineer
Either San Francisco or Dallas, TX.
To relocate after the pandemic. Until then remote work is fine
Key skillset - Spark Development and troubleshooting
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues related to spark core internals, spark sql, structured streaming, delta and other data engineering and product areas.
• Provide best practices guidance for custom-built solutions developed by customers
• Provide suggestions for improving efficiency in customer-specific environments
• Help with issues around spark/third-party integrations with environment
• Demonstrate true and coordinate with engineering and escalation teams to achieve resolution of customer issues and requests
• Help create company documentation and knowledge articles
• Be a true proponent of customer advocacy
• Strengthen your AWS/Azure and Databricks platform expertise through learning and internal training programs
• Value collaboration and the importance of supporting your team and coach other team members
• Participate in weekend and weekday on call rotation
• Minimum 5 years’ experience developing, testing, and sustaining Python or Java or Scala-based applications. Expert level knowledge in python/scala is desired.
• Experience in Big Data/Hadoop/Spark/Kafka/Elasticsearch data pipelines.
• Solid experience with SQL-based database systems is preferred.
• Linux/Unix administration skills is preferred.
• Skills in Linux JVM, Thread dump-based troubleshooting preferred.
• Experience with AWS or Azure related services is preferred.
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Good technical skills in Programming, data structures and algorithms is preferred.
• Medical, dental, vision
• 401k Retirement Plan
• Unlimited Paid Time Off
• Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
• Gym reimbursement
• Employee referral bonus program
• Awesome coworkers
• Maternity and paternity plans