We are looking for highly-motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
- The Specialist, Business Relationship Management (BRM) serves as the relationship link between business stakeholders and Information Services (IS) resources.
- Builds successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders to shape IS demand in alignment with business strategy, IS strategy and future state architecture.
- Manages the strategic interface with the business for the purpose of facilitating / understanding functional business strategies, identifying differentiating capabilities, roadmapping key activities, and preparing analysis to inform IS investment decisions.
- Enables successful partnering with IS, business leadership, and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and to identify and prioritize all IS demand based on predefined criteria (e.g. return on investment, productivity, compliance) in alignment with business and technology strategy.
- Defines the anticipated value of planned work and ensures work is effectively prioritized into portfolios which meet both business and technology strategy desired capabilities and outcomes.
Maintain and Strengthen Business Relations
- Partners with business units and IS Solution Delivery to facilitate the documentation of and ongoing revisions to 3+ year technology roadmaps in alignment with functional strategy/goals.
- Executes improvement projects, completes benchmarking exercises, researches trends related to process & technology, develops and supports deployment of key performance indicators (KPIs), and completes business value assessments (BVAs) to inform technology related and non-technology related decisions.
- Proactively serves as a “trusted advisor,” and is the primary point of contact from IS for business line executives, managers, and key contacts. Represents IS in selling IS services and capabilities.
- Manages the facilitation, planning and execution of business changes through the use of technology. Responsible for the lead role in enabling business units to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology.
- Ensures Plains understands business units’ high-level desired business capabilities, dependencies, alignment to future state architecture, associated business value.
- Translates targeted business capabilities as an input to IS Solution Delivery.
- Works closely with the IS Portfolio & Planning team to categorize demand and report on portfolio progress / outcomes / benefits.
- Works closely with Business Architects to incorporate technology strategy & architecture into roadmaps and internal consulting work.
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Architecture & IS Strategy team and the IS Continuous Improvement team on improvement projects related to organizational convergence, process improvement, and other ad-hoc value add initiatives.
- Enables long term IS resource planning by supporting alignment between future IS and business resource needs to balance expectations, priorities, and investment required to meet business needs in the future.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Consultancy background, preferably at a global consulting firm.
- 10+ years of consulting experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a business facing role executing strategic plans and/or project portfolios.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in the areas of strategic planning and decision making, navigating ambiguity, and building trusting relationships.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred.
- Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) designation is an advantage.