Overview Specialist, Information Security - Risk Business Operations Who we are:
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon-s global Technology organization, you-ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients- expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, Cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology, and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank-s executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation. What you will be doing:
- Maintain the effectiveness of enterprise-wide information security strategy including related programs, processes, and initiatives.
- May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project.
- Assists in the development, implementation and enforcement of corporate-wide security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Assists in consulting with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies and appropriate security architectures, practices, and procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes more complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations produces advanced reports, analyses, findings, etc.
- Works closely with IT infrastructure and software engineering applications development to ensure integrity of security procedures, systems, and policies.
- Works with developers to ensure proper completion of all risk assessments within policy and procedures.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of cybersecurity guidelines and frameworks, including but not limited to NIST, CIS, COBIT, ISO 27001, FFIEC Guidelines, FAIR, the Financial Sector Cybersecurity Profile.
- Ability to develop policy, plans, and strategy in compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and standards in support of organizational cyber activities.
- Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- Skill in communicating with all levels of management including Senior-most Executives and Regulators (e.g., interpersonal skills, approachability, effective listening skills, appropriate use of style and language for the audience).
- Collaborate with cybersecurity personnel on the security risk assessment process to address compliance requirements and risk mitigation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required,
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.