Our teams are responsible for applying software engineering techniques to production operations to help improve system reliability, developer/support personnel productivity and reduce technical debt of the applications our team support. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about these issues to influence and drive our Production Service mission.
Our Production Service teams own some of the most critical responsibilities at BNY Mellon. To ensure these responsibilities are met, our team members need to exhibit ownership, accountability, and an eagerness to learn. As a member of our team, you will have a lead role in contributing to the success of a suite of applications supporting BNY Mellon-s Human Resources, Finance, Risk, Compliance, Regulatory, Legal and Corporate Treasury functions. If you like learning how applications work and fixing problems using your engineering skills, you are going to love our team.Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain solutions to reduce/eliminate Level 1 (L1) and Level 2 (L2) support team-s manual operational work
- Partner with application development teams to improve developer-s build and release management, test feedback, integration testing, and deployments through our various environments.
- Provide consultation to development teams on topics such as branching strategy, automated testing, resiliency, and recovery
- Identify opportunities to improve our operations, user experiences, and deliver cohesive ideas around innovative support strategies and application design considerations.
- Develop and maintain observability solutions for our applications to give L1/L2 and development team feedback on application performance
- Create and maintain support documentation and procedures for any tools you build
Performs complex troubleshooting as a subject matter expert in one or more applications. Works to ensure appropri
ate monitoring and alerting setup. Works on root cause analysis and problem management to address underlying technical issues. Collaborates with business and application development stakeholders. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments. May review and execute Change Management scripts. Contributes to incident resolution for high priority incidents. May mentor or provide guidance for junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial. 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus Desired Skills
(qualified candidates may not have all these skills or experience):
- Demonstrated ability being self-organized with a focus on accountability and ownership
- Knowledge of an application development lifecycle
- Experience identifying and configuring application monitoring for early issue detection
- Experience deploying applications in a production environment
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, bash, and/or Powershell) to help automate manual processes
- Experience with specific monitoring tools a plus - AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, Moogsoft or related solutions
- Experience with development pipeline automation using technologies such as Ansible, GITLAB CI, Jenkins or other technologies