Are you a big-picture thinker who connects the dots and identifies the possibilities? Are you passionate about helping Government and Public Services (GPS) organizations prepare for challenges and overcome threats? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Strategic Risk professionals who work with clients to understand how embracing risk can drive performance. If you seek a role that offers you the opportunity to advise GPS clients through critical and complex issues while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory's Strategic Risk practice.
Work you'll do
- We are looking for individuals with backgrounds in Engineering, Architecture, or similar fields to provide technical and administrative supervision for staff for the Public Assistance grant program
- Set priorities, performance goals, and maintain accountability for staff
- Managing and providing daily reporting and tracking on workload progress; effectively communicating progress to leadership
- Mentoring, coaching, and building teams; providing programmatic resources and support to staff
- Interpreting and adhering to guidance, policy, and regulations in a predictable and consistent way
- Conducting quality assurance reviews of grants to ensure accuracy, compliance, and proper supporting documentation
- Explaining Public Assistance guidance, policy, and regulations to stakeholders
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our Crisis & Grants Management team delivers innovative, connective, human-centered and sustainable crisis and grants management services to help organizations and communities prepare for, prevent, respond to, recover from and mitigate risks caused by operational disruptions and crises. We help our clients define future state visions, develop strategic roadmaps, establish governance infrastructure, operationalize processes, measure and monitor performance, innovate through technology, and deliver quality program outcomes in an expedited, cost effective and compliant manner. Together we create more resilient communities and responsive ecosystems through incident action planning, grant risk assessments, improving grant processes and operations, future and contingency planning, and data analytics.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience including one year of experience with public assistance grants
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and manage complex workloads to deliver public assistance grants
- Experience working on a state and or federal grant program
- Experience in reviewing cost estimates, accounting summaries or grant applications to ensure completeness, accuracy and if required compliance with laws, regulations and policies
- Experience in developing and delivering recommendations to senior leadership on organizational and/or program improvement needs
- Monitoring workload and performance of subordinates and/or team members in a grant program
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or relevant field
- Master's degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or similar fields
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.