Please note that this is a 9 months + contract position.
Client is looking for an individual who will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. A network application security engineer who understands how the Hardware / Software Asset Management program of a large enterprise should work is needed to support the team. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
Note: Resource must be onsite in Morrisville/Raleigh, NC. No remote work
Responsibilities will include:
• Candidate will assess network threats such as computer viruses, exploits, and malicious attacks
• Determine true threats, false positives and network system misconfigurations and provide solutions in a timely manner
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the analysis of tool outputs and providing recommendations for improving the overall security posture of the client
• Conduct heavy analysis of asset data to aggregate multiple data inputs and put assets into context to identify vulnerabilities and potential gaps
• Strong Splunk experience in creating effective dashboards, hunting cyber threats using event correlation, and acting on machine intelligence to remediate vulnerabilities and risk to the enterprise
• Netflow analytics for compliance and threat hunting
• Work with suppliers of data (e.g., WonMug, Cisco ISE, StealthWatch) to maximize efficiency and accuracy of data feeds into Splunk. Advise suppliers of potential features in their tools that could be activated to improve security (e.g., TrustSec and Security Group Tagging in ISE)
• Ability to map application components to identify security problems and provide solutions
• Analyze data imports into Splunk for accuracy and completeness; compare data from the various network security tools to identify overlaps and search for gaps.
• Conduct initial triage assessments of findings from network security tools
• Engages with other internal and external forces to get and share information to improve processes and security posture
• Troubleshoots application connectivity and performance through log analysis and network captures, etc.
• Familiarity with Splunk, BMC Atrium, ServiceNow, and enterprise network infrastructures
• Experience with ForeScout CounterACT, Cisco ISE, MobileIron, and Tanium
• Project planning experience
• Excellent writing skills
• Microsoft office suite of applications Desired Certifications: CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, CCNA, CCNP
For consideration, please reference job number 2068.
San Francisco, CA, 94159Contact