My name is Eric Jones. I'm a recruiter with a staffing firm called Eclaro. Our client in Rockville, MD is looking for Splunk Architect SIEM. This is fulltime direct hire spot.
We are looking for Splunk Architect SIEM Position Overview:
Senior Technical lead for Splunk operations, engineering and architecting of new requests for cyber technologies from inception through decommission; as well as support the ingest of data into the Splunk environment from multiple technologies.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Will lead efforts for the coordination with multiple internal and external SOCs, organizations, and communicate with vendors for engineering support as needed.
- Provide engineering support for any new Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) integration of Splunk capability.
- Ensures SIEM operations, tuning, maintenance, and reporting activities are supported for the client environment.
- Leads SIEM upgrades and enhancements coordinating with multiple technical and business stakehloders
- Provides cyber threat analysis and reporting to support SOC and critical situational awareness.
- Develops new dashboards involving, CDM capabilities integration into the SIEM, and support client’s Splunk environment to operate and integrate new log events.
- Develops and implements scripts, queries and Application Programming Interface (APIs) technologies into the client cybersecurity environment.
- Capable of designing, configuring, integrating and deploying open source and commercial applications and tools to monitor IT systems
- Compile, draft, review, develop, and deliver input on all aspects relevant to information security activities, processes, and associated documentation.
- Coordinates with SIEM analysts to ensure the SIEM products are providing the necessary monitoring and uptime for situational awareness
- Author Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training documentation when needed
- Forges collaborative partnerships with diverse teams of project managers and cybersecurity professionals to meet critical deadlines.
- Identifies and understands problems or issues through analysis of multiple data sources to draw effective conclusions and chooses the most effective course of action considering the broad business impacts.
- Development of best practice models: oversee and monitor team best practices, develop and promote standard protocols for re-occurring services, etc.
- Coordinate development of documentation and deliverables, such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Data Access Request Policy & Procedures
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Technical Skills Required:
- Exceptional working experience with Splunk ES
- Solid working experience with other security tools (RSA Archer, Suricata, etc.).
- Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with business users, managers and non-technical staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to write well and adapt information into required formats for documents. (required)
- Experience working in a consulting environment (desired)
- Experience with Federal contracting processes (desired)
- Experience with managing multiple priorities and tight timelines.
Office Location and Travel:
- Candidates must be willing to work 100% onsite in Rockville (White Flint), MD
Working Environment & Conditions
- General office environments. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send me your updated resume in word format or call ASAP so that we can discuss it in more detail. I look forward to speaking with you!
Thanks & Regards,
www.linkedin.com/in/ericeclaro the Right People are The Answer
Eclaro 450 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1102, New York, New York 10123 (212) 258-2626 eclaroIT.com