The Squires Group is looking for a Senior Level Splunk Engineer
to support a large-scale cybersecurity program based in the Washington, DC area. (Work is currently remote, but candidates must be local to Camp Springs, MD.) In this role, you will develop and maintain a suite of tools including, but not limited to, Splunk Dashboards integrating existing and new data sources, Application Program Interface (APIs) connections with external systems, and further implement automation within the tool suite to include incorporating Swimlane and other similar tools.
Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens
and able to obtain a Government Public Trust
- Design, develop, engineer, and implement solutions to support the client's Continuous Monitoring Program
- Design and implement functional requirements for new and existing Splunk Dashboards, consolidating data from multiple data sources internal and external to Splunk
- Interface with Enterprise Splunk Engineering Team to share lessons learned, coordinate on data sources and data integrity, and provide availability and integrity requirements to support the Continuous Monitoring Program
- Integrate automation into the application and systems monitoring processes
- Evaluate enterprise security risks and identify recommendations for maturing and evolving the client's Continuous Monitoring Program to facilitate proactive identification and mitigation of risk.
- Ensure the accuracy and availability of the Continuous Monitoring Dashboards, including lookup tables, are up-to-date and operating as intended
- Identify and implement new Splunk dashboards that provide the Continuous Monitoring program and Information System Security Officers with increased visibility into the risk present in government systems
- Integrate and manage APIs with authoritative data sources.
- Act as a liaison with other Branches within the client's organization to eliminate duplication of efforts and align strategic direction of tool suites to facilitate the goals of the Continuous Monitoring Program
- Provide Tier III user support for Continuous Monitoring dashboard and automated solutions
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with Splunk Dashboard Development
- Proficiency with Splunk Enterprise v 7.3 or higher
- Experience using SOAR tools to implement automated solutions
- Python experience
- Experience with Data Tools
- Familiar with NIST SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework.
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must be U.S. Citizens and able to obtain a Government Public Trust clearance
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard; we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You - We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field. Check out our Referral Program!
The Squires Group will pay you up to $3000 for every qualified professional that you refer and we place. If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please send us your referral. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/35C7diT . The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. #Di