Description Job Description:
The Systems Engineer role provides support across an Agile team supporting technology assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management. This role will be engage in the review and subsequent reporting of usage of system, data and information in support the adherence with outlined policies and procedures. The Splunk engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows.Primary Responsibilities
- Build, implement and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
- Perform data ingestion and visualization for Splunk
- Build and integrate contextual data into notable events
- Recognizing and on-boarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- Provide technical, managerial and administrate direction relative to the problem
- Recommend innovative solutions to management and key stakeholders
- The Splunk engineer will work in a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
- Develop and provide reports on the usage of information and data
- Experience in SQL query development leveraging HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, Java, and Python scripts.
- Provide mentorship and direction to junior systems engineers.
- Working with clients to develop requirements and deliverables.
- Manage automating Splunk deployments and orchestration within a Cloud environment
ClearanceMust have an active TS/SCI with polygraph. Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required. External Referral Bonus:
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Extensive experience implementing, architecting and administering Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security Suite
- Experience developing in HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, JAVA and Python scripts
- Extensive experience working in AWS
- Extensive experience in SQL
- Experience administering Linux OS/ such as Redhat Enterprise
- Certified Splunk Administrator
- Prior management experience
- Requires Masters with 15-20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13-16 years of prior relevant experience.
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.